Injury in MRI Scanner.

shi-tzu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,just wondering if anyone can advise me if they think I have a legitimate claim for medical negligence..Today I attended for an MRI SCAN.at my local hospital..The scan had been ordered by my Ortho for A Meniscus tear in the knee..resulting from an accident I had 12 weeks before in which I fractured my kneecap..At the Scan the radiographer was placing equipment around my injured knee when he suddenly dropped some of this equipment from a hight onto my kneecap..I yelled out in pain.all the technician said was Sorry...didnt check the knee or write down in accident book..After being home for 2 hours knee was swollen & very painful..I rang up the XRAY DEPT & asked for advice,,was told if no better by monday to see my GP..any helpful input appreciated..

In my honest opinion, stop trying to sue people that are helping you. It was a mistake.

This Country is in enough mess as it is!

Jogs

If the OP suffered a significant injury, then they should be entitled to compensation for the damage / loss they suffered.

However, I agree with Jogs if the loss / damage was trivial or minor ... They might be entitled in law to seek redress ... But should be asking themselves "should I sue" rather than "how much can I sue for".

In my honest opinion, stop trying to sue people that are helping you. It was a mistake.

This Country is in enough mess as it is!

Jogs

I dont think your comment is very constructive..ITS NOT A QUESTION of suing...ITS more a lack of quality of CARE..you do know what that is dont you..I have already sustained an injury to my knee...& dont need it further damaged by careless procedures...lessons need to be learned...what if a small child instead of myself had been the unfortunate patient????

I dont think your comment is very constructive..ITS NOT A QUESTION of suing...ITS more a lack of quality of CARE..you do know what that is dont you..I have already sustained an injury to my knee...& dont need it further damaged by careless procedures...lessons need to be learned...what if a small child instead of myself had been the unfortunate patient????

Sorry, my original post seems abrupt and a bit harsh!

You are correct that you deserve a 'quality of care' and should receive this.

I misread your original statement and wondered whether you was just after a quick buck.

If your complaint is to ensure retraining etc so less problems occur, then I'm with you 100%.

Jogs

hey

accidents happen........the opo prob feels 1000% worse than you do [no pun intended]

ok if it was obvious to you that the opo had no regard for you and their attitude stank through appearing to be in a job that they didn't want to be in

because they are being paid peanuts and made to feel worthless, then go for it

but if they were nice, caring, and happy, is it worth ruining their futue employment?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi shi_tzu,

my advice would be to get your knee checked out by your GP, take over the counter analgesia (Paracetamol) for the pain, and an anti inflammatory for the swelling (Ibuprofen) and rest your leg.

Continue with any exercises you have been given by the Physio, as and when you are able to.

If you are still under the care of an Orthopaedic Consultant you can inform him or get your GP to inform him.

It sounds like it was a total mistake and should be seen as just that.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!