style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

From paying the fee does anyone know how long it takes for the DRO to be made?

I'm asking as a friend of a friend needs one fairly urgently

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

From paying the fee does anyone know how long it takes for the DRO to be made?

I'm asking as a friend of a friend needs one fairly urgently

Hi

I understand the procedure should go something like this (but no guarantees from me) -

When a DRO application is submitted and the fee has been paid in full, the DRO Unit will carry out verification checks to make sure the information is correct.

The DRO Unit may then -

Make a Debt Relief Order

Decline the Debt Relief Order

Request further information

The DRO Unit will usually make a decision on the application within two working days of it being submitted.

In some cases the DRO Unit may carry out an investigation into the applicants affairs, although it does not have to do this.

The Approved Intermderiary involved will be e-mailed by the DRO Unit with confirmation of approval and the applicant should receive their written order within the next few working days thereafter.

The time consuming part may be getting an appointment with a suitable agency / approved intermediary and the pre application work itself as up to date accurate information etc will be required.

April 2011 Intermediary Guidence notes info link below that might give little insight.

http://www.i-m-a.org.uk/pdfs/Intermediary_guidance_Version_8_0_April_2011.pdf

As always though - best to take genuine independent impartial advice on all options available before making any decisions.

Hope this is of some help.

Edited by Wintry
Change from Jauary 2011 to April 2011 DRO guidence notes