out of the blue letter from moorcroft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

This morning, out of the blue, I received a letter from morrcroft (acting on behalf of bank of scotland), wanting to discuss settlement of a 9K loan and that as I hadn't replied to their previous letter (what letter? never received) that they would pass my account to their Home Collections Division which could result in soemone knocking on my door.

They are asking me to call them........should I? especially as I would query the account and amount. I did have loans with them 6 years odd ago but thought they were all cleared up as I payed reduced payments for years.

I have moved house a few times and I will admit my book keeping skills arn't that brilliant so there is a chance I have miscalculated but never thought of being that much money adrift!!!!

Any sound advice as to how to procede...

Thanks

dont ring them first off, I would send the prove it letter (its in library of letters) as for doorstep visit I wouldn't worry about that. Just send prove it letter (never ring them ever) and see what happens I feel you will hear nothing else

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

No - don't EVER phone them! The home collections division is on the next desk to the pre-court division - all titles designed to intimidate.

Is this account subject to CCJ and when did you last make any payment or otherwise acknowledge any debt?

I would do nothing at this stage save perhaps to send them a 'prove it' letter and tell them not to bother sending a home collector as they have legal rights to do so.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

No - don't EVER phone them! The home collections division is on the next desk to the pre-court division - all titles designed to intimidate.

Is this account subject to CCJ and when did you last make any payment or otherwise acknowledge any debt?

I would do nothing at this stage save perhaps to send them a 'prove it' letter and tell them not to bother sending a home collector as they have legal rights to do so.

Hi,

No CCJ and its been 16 months since last time I made payment. Been trying to rack my brains on this one and the loan was originally taken out some time in 2002

check your CRA

does it show?

if not ignore them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...