Charges on Barclays business account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have other threads here and have found CAG advice very u$efu£!:-)

I have a business account (ltd co) with Barclays. I wasn't using the company for a while as I was first unemployed then had a perm job so didn't have any money going into that account and never arranged for an overdraft facility. Last year I had around £1000 in the account when they started charging commission every month (despite their literature saying it was charged quarterly, they charged the 'quarterly' amount every month!) and also added things like 'business essentials' that I never ever ever requested! I withdrew/used most of the money I had in the account and they kept applying charges which caused the account to go overdrawn and they'd been charging quite a lot of interest on the O/D (which was made up mostly of their own charges and was never requested or arranged by either me or the other Director!).

Recently my bosses put their company into liquidation and made everyone redundant but hired us back as freelancers so I'm using the company account again. Naturally the o/d amount was deducted from the deposit, leaving me with little money till the end of August :mad2:. Would be great if you guys could point me in the right direction for reclaiming charges and interest on charges on a business account, in particular those for 'services' I never requested or even knew about!!!:-x

Many thanks in advance...

• 11 months later...

Flowerchild, I work at the BBC and have been looking into issues surrounding the Barclays Business Essentials software. I would be really interested to hear about your experiences with it. Did Barclays say why it was added to your account? Is it expensive? How easy was it to remove?Thanks,Rob Powell