ASDA first online order cancelled - security risk?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,Yesterday I placed my very first online order with ASDA via mysupermarket.com and had a free delivery code which I also used. I had to register with the ASDA website as it was my first time using it and after a bit of searching for the checkout, finally processed my order for delivery to come this morning between 10-12. I didn't min d the time so chose one where they suggested a van would already be in my area. I had a confirmation email and that was that.Then a couple of hours later I had another email saying my order had been cancelled. It said if i didn't cancel it, there were a number of reasons why it may have been cancelled, so I rang up the number they gave me (which was an old number by the way and promptly advised me to ring another number).So I spoke to the lady and she was perfectly nice but said she couldn't tell why it had been cancelled and as I had phoned up at 6pm on a Friday, the appropriate department was closed so advised me to ring back in the morning. So I just rang them again and the lady told me that it was cancelled for 'security reasons' - I had in the meantime noticed my account online had been suspended and she told me this was why. I asked what kind of security reasons and she wouldn't tell me. So I asked if I should be concerned that my card details have been taken or my account has been hacked and she said no, it was a security risk to the company, not to me! So in the end I double-checked that they wouldn't be taking the money and then left it at that but now it's bugging me as to what they could possibly mean? Are they inferring that I am somehow a threat to their driver? I'm half tempted to call back up and find out but don't want to cause trouble. Has anyone had anything like this occur?

Hi cy

Other then it being annoying, you have nothing to worry about. It is just an extra security measure, basically the card provider monitors where and how you use your card, any deviations are flagged up. Normally they phone up to ask you if you carried out that transaction.

Hi this could be due to your post code before we move house we had delivery's from Asda with no problem. When we moved (some 300 meters from old to new home) the same thing happened to us security risk, when we went into local Asda and raised Cain we were advised that it was down to post code and they would not deliver to that area. We now shop at Morrisions, we had similar with insurance for house and car.

dpick

I'm fairly sure they do a check before you shop, just to check that they deliver in that postcode area.

Hi this could be due to your post code before we move house we had delivery's from Asda with no problem. When we moved (some 300 meters from old to new home) the same thing happened to us security risk, when we went into local Asda and raised Cain we were advised that it was down to post code and they would not deliver to that area. We now shop at Morrisions, we had similar with insurance for house and car.

dpick

Hi this could be due to your post code...

I think so.

They probably keep a list of areas to avoid because of bad experience. It costs more to administer a complaint than they make as a margin so the need is to steer clear of the "security risk".

No, the reply was a standard one saying sorry and to phone their account line which is the number I had already called and was told they couldn't give me more info!

I used to be an Asda delivery driver.

This was a standard procedure for various reasons..though the call centre were very non-specific it was generally for incorrect card numbers, expired cards or a number of other reasons.

Its nothing to worry about security wise and I advise you re-attempt an order.

Please choose a time that suits you "there is a van in your area" is nonsense as the routes are planned only once ALL the days orders are received by 10pm and is just a way to fill up a gap where there are less deliveries that day!

Yea they certainly say its helping the environment however its trying to fill out quieter delivery slots!

Call the customer services, explain the situation and ask for an e-voucher or at least a free delivery as you had something planned and were relying on their delivery and they should be obliging to help you out.

• 2 weeks later...

Theres a lot of paranoia when people buy such orders because Asda don't want other people to sell cheap stuff for more money so when people order hundreds of bottles of perfume for example they have to cancel such an order as it presents them with a possible re-seller threat!