Help? How to remove a default when living in Oz

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi James, you know what they say ''IF ALL ELSE FAILS READ THE INSTRUCTIONS'':madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brig,

I will follow your instructions:director: and will not contact the DCA at all. Will not call them or even write to them.

3G advised me after my third call to them on the 18th, that the account has now been passed through to C A R S, which I know is a DCA.

The clowns would not even tell me who they were, just that I needed to call them ASAP to resolve the case:phone: (talk about washing your hands of the matter)

I know only full well that the £72 debt is with 3G, so will only deal with them as they are the source and not C A R S.:fencing:

My final call to 3G forever was on the 19th and was just to state for the record that I wanted to pay the full amount owning and that I was going to deal with them only in writing as they have completely failed to be able to help me over the phone:playball:

I left my OZ contact details with them (was told they can not write to me or telephone me overseas) they have my email address, so I have left the ball in their court, so to speak.

A few days ago after doing some research online, was able to fine a online complaint procedure:cheer2:

I have now raised with 3G (the call centre clowns never told me about that option, even after requesting another option, instead of speeding lots of time and money on the phone to these clowns)

I knew only too well that my complaint would be based on very poor help and support received over the phone during the last 18 months.

The two hours spent will 3G on the phone to their Indian call centre brought back many bad memories but did serve a propose:eyebrows:

I kept it polite at all times and got 3G to list all the times during the Sept-Dec 2009 period that I had called them, happy to hear that all my calls to these clowns have been listed.

I was even able to clear up a few points? on some occasions, they stated that I had hung up during the call, I was only to happy to state for the record that I did not hang up but my top up, pay as you go mobile actually ran out of credit while I was on hold, which was the truth.

The main goal was to get 3G to tie themselves in knots, which were very easy, talk about given out miss-leading information, theses clowns are the best:photo:

To cut another very long story short, I have requested that the complaints team please review my last few calls to 3G (the poor bastard who has to deal with this is going to have one very long case to resolve) HA, HA, HA.

Don't really mind how long this will take as its now only just the beginning but I will get this DEFAULT REMOVED IF ITS THE LAST THING I DO:ballchain:

Thanks again everybody,

James.

Hello Everybody,

I almost ****ed myself when I got this reply from the clowns at 3G:whoo: not only have I saved mysef over £350 by not paying these fools but I now only have to pay £72 to settle the account:clap2:

Never give up people, stick to your guns and have faith:bounce:

It was very easy to tie these fools up, I very happy with this outcome:whip:

Power to the people Indeed:hippie:

Below is a copy of the reply from 3G

Hi Mr _______

I’m sorry to hear about the customer service experience you’ve had when you called us to know about the balance on your account. I understand you want to pay this balance to bring your account up to date.

I understand you weren’t able to use our services even after we sent you the replacement SIM. However, the problem could’ve been with your phone as well. (bollocks it was the sim as I got the phone unlocked myself:first:) Though you had called us a number of times from abroad, but we weren’t able to perform the checks as the calls got disconnected. (Smoking Crack at the call centre no doubt:smokin:) We also weren’t able to call you back as we didn’t have your foreign alternate number. (F*** off I left my number:der:)

We didn’t get the payment for your November and December 2009 bills, so we stopped your services on 22 December. We still didn’t hear from you about the payments and so we closed your account on 21 May 2010.

Your contract end date was 20 February 2011 and we normally charge line rental until the contract end date. However, as you weren’t able to use our services you only need to pay your balance £72.43, which includes your November and December 2009 bills:whoo:

You need to pay this balance to bring your account up to date. Please refer to the attached document to know about different ways to pay from the UK. If you are abroad, you can use these details to pay from your foreign bank:

SWIFT code: MIDLGB2110C (Also known as BIC or Bank Identifier Code)

sort code: 40-02-50

account number: 81238817

Please use your three account number as a reference number for payment.

Once your account is up to date, please let us know and we’ll update your credit file information.:music:

I hope this information will help you pay your overdue balance. If there’s anything else we can help you with, give us a call on 0800 358 4916 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0800 358 4916 end_of_the_skype_highlighting Monday to Friday 10am-5pm. The call is free from a Three mobile, network call charges may be applicable from any other phone. You can email or call us on +44 7782 333 333 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +44 7782 333 333 end_of_the_skype_highlighting at international rates from abroad. We’ll be happy to help.

Kind regards

Three Customer Services

Send the information re removal of the

default separately from the payment

as it may well just be overlooked, if you

have sent already do it again.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 2 weeks later...

G'Day Everybody,

Just another update regarding this saga,

Bad news regarding the removal of the Default:violin: Below is a copy of my reply from 3G.

Its not the end of the world and like I have said earlier I won't be giving up, its only the begining.

I sent an email last week requesting a status of my account with 3G (did thet get my payment)

I also asked them as to what will happen to my credit report regarding the Default?

I will now follow up with a formal/goodwill gesture as to get the Default removed.

Does anybody know of the best way to go about this? What type of wording should I put in the letter?

Any help as always will be welcome.

Best Regards,

James.

Hi _________

I’m sorry you had to write to us again about your experience when you called us to know about the balance on your account. I understand you need a confirmation that we’ve received the payment and your account is closed.

I’m sorry about the experience you’ve had when you called us. It’s unfortunate to know that you’re unhappy about the way we’ve handled your query. I’ve noted your comments to pass the feedback to the concerned department and we’ll ensure this doesn’t happen again.

I confirm that we’ve closed your account on 21 May 2010 and we’ve received your payment of £72.43 on 31 August 2011 and there is nothing to pay.

I realise that you’re unhappy about your credit report being defaulted because of an outstanding balance you owed to us. I understand how important it is to have a good credit rating. I’ve arranged to update your credit file. However, your amended credit file will still show the default status, default balance and the payment history on the credit file as a true reflection of how the account was managed. I’m sorry to disappoint you.

I appreciate for the time you’ve been with us and the business you’ve given us. We hope you consider using our services in future as well.

I hope this information helps. If there’s anything else we can help you with, give us a call on 0800 358 4916 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0800 358 4916 end_of_the_skype_highlighting Monday to Friday 10am-5pm. The call is free from a Three mobile, network call charges may be applicable from any other phone. You can email or call us on +44 7782 333 333 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +44 7782 333 333 end_of_the_skype_highlighting at international rates from abroad. We’ll be happy to help.

Kind regards

B Nagaraj Prasad

Three Customer Services

Hi James,

It is disappointing for you, but

they are sticking to the rules,

and I think any of the regulators

may feel that 3 have taken the

proper course and would uphold

3s decison.

Brig.

• 3 weeks later...

G'day Everybody,

Just got another reply back from 3G:whoo:

Just to keep everybody in the picture, i'll first post my follow up complaint to my previous email to these clowns.

This was sent almost 2 weeks ago.

Dear 3G

Thank you for getting back to me again.

I'm sorry that you feel upset that I have had to write to you again, please be aware that I will continue to write to you again and again if necessary until I'm satisfied.

I made a mistake in my last email to you, sorry its not Experian but EQUIFAX that my account with you is listed (the Credit file company that you use) and so I was wanting to know what steps you would take to clarify the situation.

You wrote "However, your amended credit file will still show the default status, default balance and the payment history on the credit file as a true reflection of how the account was managed. I’m sorry to disappoint you"

Well I'm also sorry to disappoint you but the question you need to answer me is WHY WAS MY ACCOUNT MANAGED IN THAT WAY.

Yes I will agree with you that the payment history on the credit file is a true reflection of how the account was managed BUT WHY DID IT HAVE TO TURN OUT THAT WAY.

You have admitted that you were unable to provide me with a working service.

Never giving me any other options, other than to use your call centre to try and resolve the problems.

Below is the main points in my previous email that you chose not to answer, can you please reply to these points.

1/ The problem was not with the phone but with the sim card.

The first one did not work and you would not sent to me directly an replacement (like the first sim card it had to go via the UK?)

2/ The calls to your call centre did not get disconnected nor did I hang up. I was using pay as you go top up cards and being charged $1 dollar min (£0.60p) had the call credit eaten away while I had to explain the situation again and again/put on hold.

3/ I spent over $100 dollars on top up cards during the Oct 2009/Dec 2009 period. To give you an example, it took the call centre 90mins over 3 calls on the 18th Aug 2011 to try to resolve my issues (I only wanted to settle the account)

4/ I BEGGED AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR SOMEBODY TO CALL ME BACK. I was told on many occasions during the Oct 2009/Dec 2009 that 3G COULD NOT CALL ME BACK ON A FOREIGN ALTERNATE NUMBER. Basically I was out of the UK so bad luck.

5/ I happened to come across this online complaints procedure by doing some online searches myself. I WAS NEVER TOLD THAT I COULD CONTACT 3G ONLINE BY THE CALL CENTRE, EVEN AFTER REQUESTING ANY ALTERNATE CONTACT METHODS, it was only through the call centre I was informed.

6/ I simply did not have the money to continue with having to put up with the call centre staff.

My complaint is that my account went into Default, not because payments stoped but because you could not provide me with a working service or even help me over the telphone.

The level of service I have received is absolutely disgusting and in my opinion borders on criminal.

The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, states that services must be provided with 'reasonable care and skill and within a reasonable period of time'. This not only covers the service you receive - but the way your complaint is handled.

I will continue to write to you but please be aware that I'm now considering contacting an Ombudsman scheme.

Can you please let me know which one you use, Otelo or CISAS.

Thank You,

I think the last part, The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 was a nice little gem:clap2:

Regards bigdaddy,

G'day Everbody,

Here's the reply I got yesterday from 3G:whoo:

It was a long road to travel but I never gave up.

Thanks to all for all your help and suport:grouphug:

Power to the people:hippie:

Hi Mr _______

I’m sorry you had to write to us again for the default on your credit file. I apologise we’ve not addressed the concerns raised in your previous email.

As you may know, we can send the SIM to a UK address only. So after you lost your phone, we sent you the SIM at your UK address. As the SIM wasn’t working, we sent it again twice. I’m sorry if it didn’t reach there and you had to call us a number of times to sort this.

I apologise we didn’t inform you of other ways to contact us and incorrectly informed that we can’t call you on a foreign number. I understand this has caused a lot of inconvenience to you. We’ve taken your feedback on board to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

I understand you stopped the bill payments, as we weren’t able to help you use the services. Though you’ve cleared the balance but there’s a default on your credit file because of the delay. I’ve arranged to remove the negative entries and the default from your credit file. This’ll be done in around 30 days.:smile:

If you still aren’t happy and want to take this further, you can follow our internal escalation process. You can call and speak to one of our managers. If you still aren’t happy, the manager can escalate it further.

Just so you know, our regulatory body is Ombudsman Services: Communications previously known as Otelo.

I once again apologise for the trouble and hope I’ve managed to address your concerns. If there’s anything else we can help you with, give us a call on 0800 358 4916 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0800 358 4916 end_of_the_skype_highlighting Monday to Friday 10am-7.30pm. The call is free from a Three mobile, network call charges may be applicable from any other phone.

Kind regards

Kawaljeet Sodhi

Three Customer Services