CCJ advice please

tbern123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have just checked my credit file and I have found that I have a CCJ with Prudential.... I used to have a Egg account, not sure if this is in relation to that.

The thing is my first name and my address is spelt wrong... Don't suppose I could use this as grounds to have it removed off my credit file or have the actual CCJ overturned...

Thanks

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

Sounds like you knew nothing of the CCJ until you saw it on your credit file. Maybe the incorrect address explains why the papers were not received by you?

That would be sufficient grounds for you to attempt to have the CCJ set aside. But the claimant might simply reapply with the correct details, so you would need to be in a position to settle the debt, or at least make a satisfactory offer to repay expeditiously.

Elsinore

Plus with a set aside, if you can not pay it in full before it is re-judged (this is automatic and will take a max of 30 days if you do not enter a defence) or pay in within one month of Judgement it will reset the clock and will remain on your credit file for 6 years from the date of the re-judgement.

• 2 months later...

Hmmmmm a further twist to this...

I wrote to Prudential a couple of months ago to query this CCJ.

I checked my experian credit file last weekend and it now says that this CCJ has been satisfied... A little confused, I have now got copies of of my other credit files all showing this CCJ as satisfied.

Now guess what I get through the post today ???

a Notice of Issue of Warren of Execution for this CCJ, the case number matches the one on my credit file.......

So I am now really confused... Who do I speak to to see if this CCJ has now been repaid, as I know it wasn't paid for , by me

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

Hmmmmm a further twist to this...

I wrote to Prudential a couple of months ago to query this CCJ.

I checked my experian credit file last weekend and it now says that this CCJ has been satisfied... A little confused, I have now got copies of of my other credit files all showing this CCJ as satisfied.

Now guess what I get through the post today ???

a Notice of Issue of Warren of Execution for this CCJ, the case number matches the one on my credit file.......

So I am now really confused... Who do I speak to to see if this CCJ has now been repaid, as I know it wasn't paid for , by me

Hi Tbern, have you done an SAR on the Pru? might give some dates or even phone call details that may help?

Who marks the CCJ as settled? In the case of the CCJ I got removed it was sitting on our credit file as unpaid. I had paid it within the 30 days of it being received but I had to prove to Registry House that it had been paid. the creditor would not send proof to Registry house so I had to get a copy of the court papers from the court (£7) to prove who the creditor was, a copy of the cheque sent to them paying it off and a copy of my bank statement showing the cheque going through.

Maybe registry house have some of this sort of info for who paid it off? or even why it has recently changed.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here