Power of attorney issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Looking for advice on a matter concerning my grandad.

My grandad is ill in hospital at the moment, a few days ago he told my dad while he was visiting that he has gave power of attorney to some woman who has befriended him.

This woman absolutley has her own agenda for doing this, that i am 100% sure of. She has been collecting his pension for sometime now and we don not know what she is doing with it.

We also do not know how long she has had power of attorney for. We do know though that this woman drove my grandad 30miles to see his solicitor to sign the forms, my grandad can barely get out of his chair on his better days.

This morning my dad phoned this woman and asked to meet her, she immediately went on the defensive and refused to meet him without a witness. She failed to meet my dad at the time he arranged.

A brief background check has revealed that within the last year she was a director at a company that went bankrupt!!!

Alarm bells are ringing to say the least.

My grandad will not hear a bad word said about this woman and he is not in good health so dont want to push the issue with him either!!

What are the limitations to somebody having power of attorney, can she spend my grandads money to pay her own debts / bills living expenses. Can she just transfer his money to her own accounts or does the law demand that all the money is accounted for.

Also worth noting that my mum & dad have been paying all his bills / council tax etc out of their own pocket!!!!

turns out this woman has had several business' that have all went bust, all under different names and different address' although they have all had the same postcode.

My dads solicitor is sure that she should not be power of attorney as she has a history of bad debts

any thoughts?

If she is a Bankrupt she can not be a P o A. If not you can apply to have restrictions on her powers or alternatively

your Father could become joint P o A.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If she is a bankrupt then yes seek legal advice.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread