Santander Unarranged Overdraft fee continues even after payment arrangement

khilton89
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI there,

I stupidly took out a current account with Santander in my first year of uni and proceeded to max out the £1000 overdraft limit. Thinking nothing of it i continued to pay my bills from my Natwest account. I then attempted to apply for a phone contract and was turned down by several of the major telephone providers. So i checked my credit report to find i had 6 missed payments to my Abbey account. I had no idea how i was missing payments as i had never organised any pay plan with them and had no idea that i was in any sort of trouble with them as they had never written to me. From then on i noticed they had slapped on an unarranged overdraft fee of £50 per month. Before my credit report worsened i arranged in January to have a payment plan with them of £32 a month as im still a student it was all i could afford. This was despite several arguments with them that i had to pay £70 into which they tried to bully me.

I have been continuosly paying the £32 a month fee and havent missed it, and they had stopped their charges. Until this month where i have received a bank statement saying that they are now charging me £100 per month in unarranged over draft fee.

HELP!!