Default Notice. Help!

xexxa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have been given a defaut notice by Santander. Let me explain the situation.

I was blacklisted by paypal for not paying them charges etc etc. So I set up an account with santander. Paypal told me the were going to use a direct debit to test my account, and this would be the only time the would ever use a dd. Anyway, I purchased something small, and I found it went through. Curious, I stupidly attempted to purchase a Rolex watch at the price of £6000, it didn't go through, and I cancelled the transaction. What I didn't realise was that paypal had set it up as a direct debit so even though I cancelled it on ebay, paypal were still trying to take it out. Anyway, this gave a bounced dd to Santander who then persued me for it. I ignored everthing they sent me as I felt the £300 of charges they want is ridiculous as for a start these £300 of charges don't even exist: paypal have lost nothing and nor have the sellers. Now I have been given a default notice and I don't know what to do. I don't want to talk to paypal as they have been giving me dca letters which I have ignored just long enough for them to go away, so the last thing I want to do is put myself back on their radar... Does anyone have any suggestions? I am livid. I have never been given od charges before, especially as when I got the account I specifically said I didn't want an overdraft.

What should I do now? I'm a student. They can take me to court if they like but I can't give what I don't have!

So, in an attempt to circumvent PayPal's 'blacklist', you opened a new bank account with Santander and registered a new account with PayPal.

Then, because the purchase of 'something small' was successful, and knowing full well that the funds were not available in your account, you attempted to defraud eBay/the seller/paypal to the tune of £6000, hoping you would have some sparkly new wrist furniture before they caught on.

You then ignored Santander's demands for charges relating to a failed DD payment, and, seeing as Paypal have instructed a DCA, ignored their demands too.

Feel free to correct me if anything I have written is wrong.

My view is, you owe the money. Wether it was curiosity, bad judgement, or some other reason, your actions were wrong.

You should put your hands up and pay what you owe. Contact Santander and ask them to arrange a payment plan for you. Same with PayPal.

just sounds like greed to me.

just cause 1 transaction "got through the net"

doesnt give you the right to try it again be it for 1p or 6k

sorry but thats just wrong in so many ways.

How would you feel if someone had tried to dupe you...

but thats just how your question has come across

... just cause 1 transaction "got through the net"....

1 transaction for the OP, but how many others have tried to pull similar tricks?

no wonder fees & charges are constantly being hiked up for the rest of us.:mad2:

xexxa, after re-reading my earlier post, I realise it may sound a bit judgemental. For that I apologise.

However your actions really cannot be condoned, and you should definitely enter into some dialogue with santander and paypal to repay the money you owe.