Faulty Gas Boiler

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a landlord, I had a property fully refurbished in 2008 which included a new boiler. The boiler make chosen was a Ferolli because they had a reasonable rating and had a 5 year warranty

Soon after installation the boiler stopped working and the Ferolli engineer came out to repair it, this has happened about 5 times since.

About 12 months ago I spoke with Ferolli and they said verbally that the boiler will be replaced if it goes again which it did 5 weeks ago this time they replaced the circuit board and said as I not shown them the log book they would charge me a callout and repair fee.

I have never seen this log book nor have Ferolli requested to see one prior to this

The boiler has broke down yet again and now Ferolli say they will not repair it at all, the man I spoke with who said the boiler would be changed has since been moved to another department and they refuse me to speak to him.

I have an annual gas check on the boiler as is required by law and this is up to date

Who have I recourse with, Ferolli or the company who refurbished the property which included installing the boiler?

The refurbishment was carried out because initially there was a fire at the property, I have contacted the insurance company who certified the work but they say it is nothing to do with them and refuse to discuss it with me

Everybody is blaming everybody else which doesn't help me, I gave my tenant 2 weeks free rent because she had to wait 2 weeks for the last engineer to replace the circuit board and now it has broke again.

Who have I recourse with, Ferolli or the company who refurbished the property which included installing the boiler?

Either or both, probably.

The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 covers "a contract under which one person transfers or agrees to transfer to another the property in goods" and is largely equivalent to the Sale of Goods Act with regard to fitness for purpose, etcetera.

Presuming that the contract between the refurbisher and the installer identifies the intended beneficiary, it is also possible to invoke the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999, to have a go at the installer, directly.

If it has a 5year warranty then your beef is primarily with the manufacturer; Have you got the details and terms of the warranty?

however the purcahser ( you ) would be covered under SOGA by the supplier, which would be the refurbisment contractor?

correct, your 5 year warranty is with the maufacturer. do you still have the original installation documents and CP12's? and do you still have proof of purchase of boiler?freolli log book? first i've ever heard of this and i work with boilers everyday!!if you can't find your original docs the gas safe register will have it on file as all boiler installations must by LAW be registered to GSR.