any one who knows about mots on here?

labrat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ive got a small suzuki alto that has been off road for around 2 years and im currently repairing to take to mot

its had an initial mot and its failed on a few things

brake pipes corroded (in the process of being replaced)

back brakes not working (new cylinders arrived today)

hand brake not working (see above)

but the one thats giving me trouble is what should have been the simples number plate lights not working

ive had a look and the connector for the cables was so corroded it fell apart, so ive soldered the wires up into a new one, now one light works and one doesnt

unfortunatly due to the design of the car it looks like the bumper has to come off to change bulbs!!!

would it pass the mot if i did either of the below

1. wire a new bulb or led, in place of the old one this can be done without removing the bumper

2. remove both lights and instead wire a strip of led bulbs above the number plate so its illuminated

could do with knowing as the retest needs to be next week if i dont wish to pay again

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Providing that the number plate is illuminated by it's own lighting when the side/tail lights are on, it shouldn't be a problem. You can actually buy a standard number plate light for the job from a car accessory shop.