Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I received a PCN for parking in a single yellow line in a CPZ. I was unloading some heavy stuff from my boot and there was no nearby car park and I wasn't parked there for long.

Also, the PCN is not printed well you can't even see the PCN number clearly because it seems the printer wasn't working well/ink low.

Could you please advise me if I have a case.

I will try attach pics asap

Thanks

Can you decipher the PCN number? If not, you may have a case based on that. Otherwise, you can always appeal stating that you were unloading. If you have any documentation to support this (eg a receipt for goods you'd just purchased and were unloading) than include a copy.

Thanks Jamberson

As you can see from the image, I have only blanked out the second half of the PCN number as I cannot read anything beyond the first letter then the bit I have blanked out so there is at least 3/4 characters of the PCN ref that are not printed. Is this alone enough to have it cancelled?

As I do not have any receipts, I was simply unloading and picking up some stuff for a friend. So no receipts as such. Without a receipt what do you think....?

Please advise

Thanks

Also you cannot see some of the the other details, as you can see from the scanned PCN.

I am just not sure that having no proof of unloading stuff is this mandatory to supply? it was only about 10-15 mins I had stopped there.

Thanks

You don't have to provide anything in support of an appeal for unloading - it's just that it strengthens your case as it's more than just your word.

As for the PCN number, I am sure it needs to be stated, but it should be on the payment slip as well. I remember the question of whether the payment slip constitutes part of the PCN was the subject of an adjudication ruling some years ago, but I don't remember the outcome.

Anyway, worth an appeal on both fronts. Unloading exemption and lack of PCN number.

As for the PCN number, I am sure it needs to be stated, but it should be on the payment slip as well. I remember the question of whether the payment slip constitutes part of the PCN was the subject of an adjudication ruling some years ago, but I don't remember the outcome.

The payment slip was held NOT to be part of the PCN