ccj

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i need some advice ive received a letter and a copy of default for an amount just a few pounds short of £13.000 never had any letters like this before from a company called finance u limited i dont have any paperwork for any finance or loan in my name but the date on default notice is April 2009 ? If anyone can help me with this one i would really appreciate your help

Hi and welcome to CAG,

The first thing I suggest you do is check all 3 main credit reference agencies

to see if any searches or defaults have been recorded.

You can get 30 day fee trials on Experian,Equifax and call credit.

The default is most probably from a DCA.

Please give us the full details of the company involved.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

apparently this debt is from 2003 and they only telling me now that they want there money i had a car on finance but wasnt through them it was through peugeot and black horse finance in 2003 really stuck on this 1 as now i have ccj over my head and a letter saying they sending court bayliffs out if not paid within 14 days

hi yes i have been given the ccj already spoken to the courts and i need to speak to the finance company but when i checked with the courts the ccj was granted in April 2009 and only now they chasing for monies seems a long time to leave it before chasing it i am going to ring them today asking for a copy of the following items contract . Bill of sale if 1 . any forms with my signiture on it . Any money paid back to them . And why do they have my details on record seems a long time to have them waiting for some info from data protection act about them storing my info

finance u are a car company operating out of llantrisant near cardiff at a garage called corner park...there are numerous threads on here about their dubious practices, if you have never had a car from them i suggest you ring them and ask them what the hell they are playing at..

If you had a CCJ over six years ago, would you still have to pay it?

I know it disappears off your credit record, but does that mean you don't have to pay it?

I looked on my credit report but haven't had a CCJ in last six years. And my debt (with SLC for pre-1998 loan) iis statute barred. Am I in clear?

Have a look HMCS web site it points you as to what to do,also check your credit reports.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

hiya,

i had a nasty letter from finance u today aswell chasing me for same amount from 5 years ago!!!! i got into a mess 6 yrs ago and they took my car off me and they put a ccj on me and heard nothing until today which is 5 yrs and 2 months ago and now they are threatening me that i have to pay full amount in 7 days or they will send court baliffs in ..so i need advice too pls anyone thanks :)

also does anyone have the links on this garage/company

somewhere on here is a thread where they have been taken to court by this company only to find that the agreement and termination notices are not lawful nor are they enforceable...will try to find the link for you so you can have a good read....guy who owns the whole shambles is graham humphries, garage is corner park llantrisant south wales, finance provided by finance u which is his own finance company...you never own the car until the last payment is made...as it is a bill of sale which should be registered..i think you will find yours as everybody elses have never been

thanks for yr help., yes i agree they are a nasty piece of work i have been reading some other threads on them and oh my days nothing suprises me now!!! this letter states they are coming to remove my stuff to the' value i owe!! unbelieveable..

need to work out what my next step is anyone offering any advice can pm much appreciated i not rolling over just like that i owed about £8000 and he is saying i owe just short of £13,000 !!!!

thanks again all :)

hi yes i have been given the ccj already spoken to the courts and i need to speak to the finance company but when i checked with the courts the ccj was granted in April 2009 and only now they chasing for monies seems a long time to leave it before chasing it i am going to ring them today asking for a copy of the following items contract . Bill of sale if 1 . any forms with my signiture on it . Any money paid back to them . And why do they have my details on record seems a long time to have them waiting for some info from data protection act about them storing my info

Let us know how you get on with this..x

• 2 weeks later...