HSBC missed DD on my creditfile!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all I have pretty bad credit, 8 defaults (yes I was very stupid in the past) and luckily they will all of fallen off by March next year so happy days!

I now have a Halifax account and so far they have been brilliant with me and ive had no issues.

My problem is with my old HSBC basic account that I had as a emergency account for my wages before the Halifax was opened.

I misses one direct debit to my car insurance which was a couple of pounds short (stupid I know) and then checked my credit file a month later. It says im 1 payment late with a balance of zero??

My first issue is that its a basic account with no borrowing of any kind, just a cash card that can only be used in a hole in the wall so why is it on my credit file?

My second issue is that I am aware that if I have a agreement in place i.e. a loan paying £100 for 12 months and I missed a payment that would show a 1 payment late. But why does a missed DD or standing order now get recorded? Is it because you dont get charged for missed DD's with a basic account so they try to f*?k you another way?

I have many many missed payments over the years where I have payed a couple of days later and never had this problem, is this just a basic HSBC account thing?

Any help would be much appreciated

James

How ever you look at it a payment has been missed or made late, they are reporting fact.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Jamesx81x No its a basic bank account so they dont charge you which is why I guess they put it on your credit file instead.

Its something ive never heard of before thats all, it seems like something all banks could then do which would be very scary for the consumer indeed!

I cant say i have heard of that one before

I know if there is an unauthorised overdraft for example through charges etc each month it remains like that they will report it but not heard of them reporting a missed direct debit.

There are the odd occasion when i have missed a direct debit but never had that

Id ask them on what credit agreement have you missed a payment after all it is called a credit file for a reason!

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

It does not need to be a credit agreement this a much disregarded fact that All financial dealings with

the banks or others especially personal pr business current accounts will be reported on.

There is very little any individul can do about this other than keeping their finances above

reproach!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Fair enough but it is up to the creditor who will not have received the payment from the missed direct debit to report a missed payment not the bank

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

fair enough but it is up to the creditor who will not have received the payment from the missed direct debit to report a missed payment not the bank

are you sure who placed the entry?