style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently purchased a pack on ebay about parking and speeding fines and how to avoid same. I would be happy to share this information or send it to anyone who is interested.

Woolfie

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I have recently purchased a pack on ebay about parking and speeding fines and how to avoid same. I would be happy to share this information or send it to anyone who is interested.

Woolfie

Don't park illegally, don't speed?

Yep that will work BF but it also contains info for example if the double yellow lines you park on dont end with a yellow bar then they cant enforce the ticket. If leaves or snow cover the lines then you are also ok. Lots of info like that

woolfie

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

My wife has a blue badge....

I have a blue badge... and still got a ticket before xmas, when our local authority kindly changed the single yellow to a single yellow with loading restrictions, and since december have managed to book disabled drivers on a daily basis.

Don't park illegally, don't speed?

I have a blue badge... and still got a ticket before xmas, when our local authority kindly changed the single yellow to a single yellow with loading restrictions, and since december have managed to book disabled drivers on a daily basis.

Bit of a contradiction, maybe we should have another section.

regards,

InterSimi

Nope, I'm quite capable of seeing both sides of a story :D .

I also believed I was parked legally. I didn't try to wing it or purposely park somewhere forbidden. However, we all know that ignorance is no defense in law.

Unfortunately, as the reasons allowed for appeal are few and very specific, I couldn't appeal against what I believe was a very unfair treatment. I still believe that it was a rotten thing for the council to do and that they changed the signs deliberately.

Woolfie

I'm VERY interested. I'm being chased by bailiffs over parking fines that I should never have recieved, and am refusing to pay. Parking fines/speeding tickets are one government money making [problem] too far. They will get nothing out of me, and they are not legally entitled to even try.

I am reasonably well clued up (and a member of pepipoo, EXCELLENT site) but any additional info would be very welcome.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

The Baliffs generally always get their money and what you currently owe will mount up. Unless you know you can get out of it, don't put it off, and pay the baliffs asap.

A £40 fine will soon become a legally enforcable £600 fee, with baliff charges etc added on top.

regards,

InterSimi

FWIW I used to work in Parking Services for a London council, dealing with Representations.

I've got 2 tickets since working there, one was quite justified in that I'd gone over 20 minutes (except I knew how to win the case and did) and am waiting to fight the other one.

I was parked in a residents bay close to Twickenham Stadium. Common knowledge suggested that it was fine to park there because it only applied on event days, which this wasn't. I checked the council website and called Parking Services and neither were clear. The council didn't seem sure, but I was careful not to guide them to my way of thinking, and they agreed it wasn't clear either.

I'm not 100% confident but hope at the very least to take it to Court and have them agree about the lack of clarity. To be honest, as a Representations Officer I wouldn't have allowed the fine to go (I believe I was as fair as possible generally, although on the down side I was a bit of a stickler...... I didn't want to write off the ticket for someone who lost half his family in a car crash on the way home, I figured, he'd still parked illegally... :/ ...yes, I admit that was heartless but I put it to my supervisor and she said to drop it if he could prove it... anyway....).

Anyway, if I can advise anyone on parking ticket issues, please let me know!

But then again, what do I know?

The Baliffs generally always get their money and what you currently owe will mount up. Unless you know you can get out of it, don't put it off, and pay the baliffs asap.

A £40 fine will soon become a legally enforcable £600 fee, with baliff charges etc added on top.

Bailiffs turned up on Tuesday (or one of them did). He pushed three letters through the door each one demanding £253.88 (total £761.64) for three seperate parking tickets.

Immediately there are several issues here:

1. The letters should have been in sealed envelopes; as usual they were not. *

2. The letters should have itemised the amount claimed, not just given a total of £253.88 *

3. As the bailiffs charge per visit, it is clear that because the three letters must have ALL included a fee since the total were the same on each letter - so they are effectively trying to charge me three time for the SAME visit. *

(* = Source - Credit Services Association, of which the bailiffs, Phoenix Commercial Collections, are members. I did phone CSA to lodge a complaint and got an answerphone, 3 days on they have not yet replied to my call.)

I then went outside when I saw him hovering around my car.

I asked him what he was doing and after a brief discussion he said that he would take my car if I didn't pay. I advised him that he could not legally take my car because (a) it isn't mine (it is subject to a hire purchase agreement and as such belongs to the finance company), and (b) I need the car for business use (I am self employed). I also advised him that he would be in contravention of the Human Rights Act. He then got in his car, spent about half an hour making several phone calls, then drove off.

Nobody, (Citizens Advice, solicitors etc.) seems to be absolutely clear on this but just like bank charges it is a case of not being scammed into paying for parking tickets that were not justified in the first place, for several reasons, and not paying now because the amount claimed is not justified in relevance to the offence.

Of course, regardless of what you say, they just keep coming back. At what point does it become harrassment?

Whatever, it will be a cold day in hell before I pay up.

I got a parking ticket in a council carpark when I had paid to park, when I wrote to the council explaining their mistake with a copy of my payment ticket they told me it wasnt proof I had paid(?) Needless to say I got my MP to sort it for me, mind youI never got an apology, infact got a letter telling me they would let me off this time.

Natalie

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

I got a parking ticket a few years ago in Blackpool, I was only young and a little naive and just kept ignoring the correspondance, it went to court (Northampton Bulk Centre BTW, wonder if they use moneyclaim!)

Bailiffs got involved, they traced me, I was living with girlfriend at the time in her house.

Bailiff come, absolute dickhead, said £745 now (£30 ticket!) or i'm taking your car. I said er, no its on HP. He said right i'll take your goods then, I said listen carefully, this is my girlfriends house, I am unemployed, I dont own anything, I haven't got a pot to piss in, on your way.

Again he spent half an hour on the phone in his van, haven't heard anything since.

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

It's disgusting the way the councils are now operating. One of my tickets was because the traffic warden didn't "see" the parking permit in the front window of my car; these things measure about 5 inches by 3 inches and are half-printed in gold foil (to stop you copying them).

So basically I got a ticket as a result of their warden's incompetence. So I'm not paying.

Very few are justified, double yellows were invented to stop people blocking the roads, not for councils to paint just about everywhere to make it almost impossible to park legally, but that's what's happening in Blackpool. Nobody voted for this!?!

I will not be a willing victim of what is little mor than a money-making [problem].

This fellow has some interesting stuff on decriminalised parking enforcement, well worth a look.

http://neilherron.blogspot.com

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

Personally, I would pay. The Balliff is a court appointed person with a warrant to take your goods. The Citizen advise have some good info on what to do and what not to do.

The issue is that if you do not pay, the Balliffs can enter your house if you are not there and a window or door is open. If you allow them in to your house, just the once, they can then force entry. The trick is to not allow them to even look through the door.

I believe that non-payment of parking fines could also land you in prison if you are unable to pay, which is the cruz of the matter. It is not like refusing to pay your Bank Charges.

regards,

InterSimi

Personally, I would pay. The Balliff is a court appointed person with a warrant to take your goods. The Citizen advise have some good info on what to do and what not to do.

The issue is that if you do not pay, the Balliffs can enter your house if you are not there and a window or door is open. If you allow them in to your house, just the once, they can then force entry. The trick is to not allow them to even look through the door.

I believe that non-payment of parking fines could also land you in prison if you are unable to pay, which is the cruz of the matter. It is not like refusing to pay your Bank Charges.

Yes, I'm aware about the bailiffs rules on entering my house. It's not my house anyway, but they won't get in. You can not be imprisoned for it either. There are two sides to this, though. The bailiffs are acting illegally in not following proper procedure.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone wanting the info please pm with your email address and i will try and get it off to you.

Woolfie

didn't get mine last time woolfie, resent the email addy.

I have been trying but your account keeps bouncing it back cause it is an exe file

can you pm me with another account?

Woolfie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks