6yrs or 12yrs

andy8
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

My credit file has 2 defaults against me from 12/11/2000 and has been haunting me for nearly 6yrs, They are both due to be automaticaly removed on the 12/11/2006 and was wondering can the company that i owe money too issue me with a countycourt judgement befor this date and then will be on my credit file for a futher 6yrs?

Thanks

If you are unable to clear the debt by 12th November, then yes.

Just because they can, doesn't mean they will.

What is the situation with the debt? Have you been paying occasionally/regularly, or is there no contact between you and the lender? How much was the original debt and how much do you now owe?

Elsinore

If you are unable to clear the debt by 12th November, then yes.

Just because they can, doesn't mean they will.

What is the situation with the debt? Have you been paying occasionally/regularly, or is there no contact between you and the lender? How much was the original debt and how much do you now owe?

Elsinore

Hi

The debt was from a previous relationship but was in my name at the time, The lender passed the debt to a company called wescot spv limited and has sent me numerous letters to which i have not replied to any of them for nearly 6yrs, the original balance was £805 and is still at that amount,

So basiclly they can affect your credit rating with a default for 6yrs and just as that is about to run out they can issue you with a ccj for another 6yrs?

I know this is my own fault but 12yrs of bad credit rating seems a little unfair to me.

Thanks

Personally id get a bit of cash stacked up somewhere over the next few months.

Not easy i know with Christmas approaching, that way if it does go further you have the cash to pay it off immediately and avoid more bad credit.

If nothing happens, you have yourself a little nest egg to blow over Xmas :p