what will happen to me!!!

patels
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone who has been in similar situation or anyone who knows what happens!!

i got a letter of tax credit compliance offer asking for evidence of nursery fees for my son, but he left nursery last july and when i looked at my award from april last yr they were paying me for childcare costs of £125 when they were actually £73 upto july when he left then for childcare costs of £38 from august up until may this yr when he wasnt even in nursery. i have sent letter of the nursery stating what the fees actually were from april last yr and when they stopped, so it looks like ive actually been over paid about £2300 so what will they do when they get this letter of nursery seeing the childcare costs were wrong ? and i owe money? i know its my fault really but i have been going through cemo for cervical cancer then a hysterectomy this yr so last thing on my mind was to check tax credit awards. so what should i prepare myself for when they have recieved this letter?

your feedback would be much appreciated.

theres been a couple of posts like this, best advice is ring Tax Credits tell them the truth what has appened they will stop the payments immediately for nursery and they will take the overpayment back weekly off your tax credit. If this causes hardship they will give you a number to call to arrange a suitable total. but ring them today dont put it off,

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

i have actually told them i no longer pay fees i told them on renewal, then i got this letter so i sent letter of nursery today stating when fees stopped and how much they actually were so was just wondering what would happen from there?

Hi pat

If you don't feel up to dealing with it due to the treatment, contact CAB it should be straightforward for them to assist, just gather the facts for them. Best not to worry as you are dealing with stuff.

i know but i just think my mess i should deal with it nothing can be worse than what i have been through i just dont want anything serious to happen to me :(:-(

just reading the replies on other post they stop the childcare overpayments immediately, and then work out the overpayments, they then take 10% off your tax credits to repay the overpayment. and that is all no police, no prosecution the other two posters said they were helpful, sympathetic and re-assuring.

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

I rang them as although I have paid childcare, the amount I claimed is too much, I rang them just this week and asked for childcare payment to stop while I can get a proper breakdown, it was scary ringing them, but I am glad I did, as I am going through an overpayment with housing benefit too, so need to make sure all my figures are correct...the man I spoke to was fine with me, even though I explained that this was going back over 2 years.

• 1 month later...

just wanted to let the people know who offered advice on my thread as i know many people dnt put outcome on her, my case is now all sorted and i am repaying my overpayment of my further tax credits. stress free now (hopefully) and i am glad its all sorted :)

hi it took around 8 weeks before i heard anything then i got a phonecall of the person dealing with it so be prepared to get phone call out the blue, dnt even know how they got my number :???:

hi it took around 8 weeks before i heard anything then i got a phonecall of the person dealing with it so be prepared to get phone call out the blue, dnt even know how they got my number :???:

They probably keep records like this on file.

I'm glad you had a good outcome.