18.5 hrs delay outbound, 31 hrs homebound

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

My Thompson all inclusive holiday started off with a 18.5 hr delay because of "technical reasons". After 4hrs delay, Tompson issued a £5 meal voucher which didn't even cover the cost of a meal. After 5 hrs, we were transferred to a hotel for the night. After an early rise, we were picked up and eventually took off at 12.30pm, losing a day's (all inclusive) holiday.

The holiday then went well until Thompson were involved again. Again "technical reasons" were blamed for the delay. After 3hrs we were taken to a hotel where we were given breakfast and a room. Soft drinks were provided.

After dinner we were picked up by coach and taken towards the airport. The coach broke down halfway there, and once fixed, it was apparent that the plane was not ready for us, so back to the hotel. Pick up was then 4am and the flight took off at 10.45. No meals were available on board dispite paying extra for a meal, just a sandwich (complimentary, but useless for my gluten intolerant girlfriend).

I'm sure we can claim for the return meal, think we can claim for loss of earnings, but can we claim for anything else? Loss of one day's holiday? Inconvenience? Are we entitled to the EU Reglation 261/2004 compensation? Twice?

Any help would be appreciated.

Phil Taylor

I'm sure we can claim for the return meal, think we can claim for loss of earnings, but can we claim for anything else? Loss of one day's holiday? Inconvenience? Are we entitled to the EU Reglation 261/2004 compensation? Twice?

If you have proof of having paid in advance for the meal then you should be able to reclaim this. You cannot claim for loss of earnings via Reg 261/2004 but could claim under the Montreal Convention for this delay. In theory you are entitled to compensation under 261/2004 but cases involving delays are currently 'stayed' by the UK courts pending resolution of the challenge to the Sturgeon judgement.