Dlc/ client lloyds tsb

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter a few days ago from dlc in regards to i think a lloyds credit card/overdraft not sure which, when i initally defaulted i contacted them straight away to arrange payments.

The debt got passed on to apex at the time i was only paying token payments then of £1, a few years ago i decided that i needed to start and sort out my finances as i hoping to be able to buy my home, but when i contacted apex thet said they had no info on me.

So i stopped paying and i've heard nothing since until now.......In the letter i've received they State " We have taken action to investigate your situation. Part of this involved obtaining information from the credit reference agencies regarding your financial circumstances. As a result, we have established that you may be in a posistion to clear this debt".

How could they of come to this conclusion? my credit is no better now than it was years ago, other than there is no missed payments for anything other than the debt from 2007

Lloyds loan £5500 (in think is with debt managers)

Lloyds c/c £1025

Lloyds o/d £1000

monument/barclaycard £464 (have never heard anything about this but it is on credit file)

cap 1 £518 (cabot)

Barclaycard £2519 (lowell) written off due to no cca

in the letter they say the balance is £1035

I really need to get my credit file cleaned up in the best way possible for the smallert debts i may be in a postion to offer full + final settlement offers, is this the best thing to do or to fight and try and have them written off instead? or claim interest back.

Then loan was for £4500 and i had made payments of £115 roughly for about a year.

Sorry about the waffle, any help with anything would be very appretiated.

I just wanted to add the only one that is in red on my equifax credit report is cabot they defaulted me straight away from taking over the debt even though i pay them £10 a month that balance is now about £330.

All the others show as settled but the lloyds creditcard and overdraft aren't on there?

I would like to point out im not trying to get out of repaying my debt just want to know what would be the best/quickest way to deal with it, re-payment plans or offer final payments.

What are DLC like to deal with?

The monument debt i have, i've never heard anything from them so should i just leave it alone will it drop of my file after six years(only 2yrs left) and what happens if they ask for the money

after that time can they default me again?

just like all the other DCA's I guess.

You can only defaulted once on any debt so no need to worry on that one although some DAA's have been known to try it (allegedly).

What is it you want to achieve, as payment plan will be noted on credit files as ''arrangement to pay''.

Full and final offers are ok provided you get the acceptance in writing and state that any remaining balance must

not be sold on as they can come back from another DCA looking for a bite at the of the cherry!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

My aim really is to improve my credit as best as possible as i would really like to buy my home, i don't have alot of dispossible income and no savings, my plan was to start with the lower debts......like my debt with cabot i owe them £340 so should i say offer £200 ( i'm not sure what an acceptable % is) as a full and final settlement and is there much chance of me getting the default removed.

On my credit file with equifax cabot are the only ones that i have a default off all the others show as settled and there's nothing from any other DCA's, why?

Are some CRA's better ( more accurate) than others, i can't afford to check with experian as its £15 a month now.

When i've had alook at my file i have old catalogues on there one from 2002 the account was ran perfectly but i've not used it probs since about 2002 but its still being updated, should i have the account closed?, i don't even know which catalogue it is, would that help with my credit rating i think there may be a couple of other old accounts on there too.

As far as dlc go... this is i think my lloyds c/c they say i owe £1035 should i send a finacial statement and offer a £1 a month or should i just cca them for now?

Any help is fantastic thankyou