Advice on removing default after 6 years

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

First time posting here. Thanks for the advice. I recently found that I had a default on my file from Instrum Justitia for a credit card account from 2005.

Using a letter found on here, I have managed to persuade them from pursuing this by using the " I would point out that under the limitation act 1980 Section 5 “an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”

They have replied today and will not be following it up or contacting me again. Great news! However, I would now like this removed from my credit file, is this possible and how do i go about it?

The file was with CallCredit.

Thanks

J

Hey, welcome aboard!

If the 6 yrs from when it was initially registered if should come off automatically.

If it hasn't either raise it with CallCredit or Interim and get them to remove it.

I'd also check your file with Equifax and Experian to make sure things are in order there too.

You will need to write to the CRA and request its removal this may take considerable time and letters.

You can also contact IJ and do the same.

What is the default date/last delinquent payment showing on your report as they drop off after 6 years anyway.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Brigadier

the file says that the default date was 12 of October 2005 and Intrim Justitia say that the last payment was in 5th January 2005. In their letter they say that they the matter is now closed. Are they duty bound to instruct the CRA to remove the default notice and do I need to supply the CRA with the letter from them?

Thanks

Jonathan

Hi Johnathan,

In that case that default shoudl have dropped off automatically, which CRA's are showing this data, you can now demand reoval instead of requesting .

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I done with other people defaults 2-3 months before the six years, there is also

the slight problem that you alert them they flog on quickly and another bunch of leeches

start to pester but it does not restart the clock.