Egg Card - help please.....

clareyluxo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sometime ago I wrote to Egg explaining that I was unable to make the minimum monthly payments due to a change in my financial circumstances and offered to pay a reduced amount each month. I received no written replies only phone call after phone call (which I never answered - prefer to have everything in writing).

I again sent a letter explaining the situation and asked them to confirm in writing their acceptance of my offer. Again - no written response recieved. I have been regularly making the payments I promised to make.

I then received a default notice - in response to this I wrote a letter to dispute the default as I had been making the payments as per my offer of repayment and had never recieved any written responses to my letters (of which there are many) I also put in this letter that I wanted all correspondence in writing and no contact by telephone. I asked for the default notice to be removed and a response to my letters and offer of repayment. This letter was dated 20th April.

I then recieved a letter from Egg dated 3rd May which was a computer generated 'we have been unable to contact you by telephone'......

Then recieved a letter dated 4th May which says my Egg Card agreement has been terminated due to my failure to comply with the terms of the default notice. It says that an external DCA will contact me within the next 10 days - this hasn't happened yet......

Please could anyone let me know what I need to do now?

Thanking you all in anticipation, Clareyluxo

Are there ay charges on this account that you can claim back?

Ignore any external dca....continue to deal with the OC.

Continue makng payments to the OC in the amounts you have told them they are going to get. People's circumstances change and you tell them what they are going to get not the other way around.

They won't take you to court if you are making payments as you suggest...they would be laughed out by a judge.

If you want, you can write to the OC stating that thay have not replied to any of your letters and ask for their official complaints procedure and follow that.

Tell them that you are ready to report them to various auhorities as they are not assisting you in sorting things out to a satisfactory conclusion.

ims