Fighting the Nationwide

adamjedge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Went into my local branch of Nationwide Saturday last and was asked to come back. Went in today and the meeting lasted less than 2 minutes.

Usual rubbish, you signed the t&c, it's okay by the banking code etc...

As I have had a meeting with them, should I go straight for the L.B.A or do a first request?

Cheers,

Adam

I think that it largely depends on what was said in the meeting, whether you gave them case law references etc, whether the meeting was recorded in any way. Also depends who you saw. The person you saw probably has no mandate to do anything anyway.

If it was a simple 2 min lecture from them about T&C then I would go the prelim route, then LBA. They could possibly deny the meeting, or claim that certain things weren't said and would say that by going straight to LBA you are being unreasonable.

Martin

The meeting was supposed to be with the manager and it is booked on the computer system, however, he was called away so left it to the Deputy Manager.

She wouldn't allow me to say anything and said all charges were legal. I said I'd be writing to them, however, they haven't let me have the statements yet but will be ready tomorrow.

Worked out on what I've got at least £312.00 probably more plus of course interest.

I would go the full DPA route (see library) as the request for information relating to manual intervention is key to any possible defence they might offer. Statements, although fine for totalling up, won't show this.

Patience my friend..... :)

Interesting meeting if she wouldn't let you say anything! Did you tell them beforehand what you wanted to speak to them about?

Martin

If you get your statements tomorrow, then you will be able to calculate what they owe you from them, sothere would be no need for DPA request.

If this is so then I would send letter before action with your figures inserted into it giving them 14 days, then issue cc if no refund received.

You need to send LBA regardless of meeting as you should be seen to have tried all reasonable attemps to solve issues before you go to claims court

Feel free to flame me down, however, as I had a meeting with the local branch of Nationwide to were I live (the branch my account is held at is 300 miles away), should I send my DPA letter to:

• My Account Holding Branch
  • The Local Branch (who I've spoken to)
  • The Data Protection Scheme
  • or... The Local Branch & cc to Account holding & Swindon

Thanks in advance.

Anyone of them , I would send it to my account holding branch.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

Now had my reply to the DPA letter, saying that since I'm only requesting statements they should be able to deal with it quickly (that was a week ago so have to allow for easter post) and acknowledging my payment for £10.00.

Well they've banked the cheque now and I haven't received anything yet. Still I guess I can add it to my claim at the end of the day can't I.

Ho hum.

Nationwide do not make a charge for a DPA request. This info is from Christopher Swales, Data protection Administrator. Write back to whoever is named on the DPA letter and request your £10 back

Brian

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

Charges refunded 15 April

• 2 months later...

Hi , I sent letter 1 to Nationwide and recieved a reply that my request was being dealt with and will be available in due course. They cashed my £10 cheque!Wy does the same company charge £10 for some people and not for others?Is it another [problem]?:idea:By the way my Data Protection Administrator is Sam Orams.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks