Searches under Table 1 by DCA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was under the impression that table 1 searches were only for those who are looking to offer you credit. What exactly did the CRA say when you queried the searches? I fear this maybe what some of us have feared for for a long time if the CRA's allow this, as tracing and other searches are normally table 2 searches, which can not been seen by potential lenders.

However after 6 years the DCA no longer have permission to process your data, so you could try that angle with the DCA's and CRA .

Thank you for your reply.

Equifax state that this type of search is recorded under Table 1, so that it is available to potential lenders, I disputed the legality, but got nowhere! I notice that Experian do not make the searches available to lenders, it is quite frustrating.

Don't know if i'm coming or going!

I notice that Experian do not make the searches.

Ill bet what they tell you they do and what they really do are polar widths apart. After all you never get to see exactly what lenders get to see............

I have a letter on file from the FOS in which an adjudicator which states that they disagree with

the proposition that it is inappropriate to place debt collection searches on Table 1 a lender may wish

to take into consideration out standing debts and is more appropriate to register them on Table 1

OFT on the same complaint said allmos exactly the same thing.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I have a letter on file from the FOS in which an adjudicator which states that they disagree with

the proposition that it is inappropriate to place debt collection searches on Table 1 a lender may wish

to take into consideration out standing debts and is more appropriate to register them on Table 1

OFT on the same complaint said allmos exactly the same thing.

sounds about right.

I wonder why they don't just chnage the law and bring debtors prisons back?

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

I thin some of them might like t5hat bang you up and take all you've got.:-x

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

yes because debtors prisons would allow lenders to make accurate lending decisions, after all, you wouldn't lend someone money to buy a car if he's banged up would you? I mean lets be reasoanble, the lenders have enough worries without having to be responsible for their own lending decisions, right?

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Thank you for the replies.

So although defaults and CCJ's stay on your file for six years, DCA's can actually extend that period indefinitely by doing periodic searches, until such time that they are satisfied with the amount paid to them?

Very clever, but morally wrong!

Looking at my Experian report, this type of search is stated as an unrecorded enquiry.

Clearly, it is pointless applying for anything, as the Equifax file will show the searches for outstanding debts and the creditor will then ask them for the archived history, debtor's prison it is then for some considerable time!

Don't know if i'm coming or going!

If it is a table 2 search unrecorded inquir it will not impact on your credit report.

are lenders allowed to request archived data? bloomin eck, life sentence if true

I had heard that one Tory MP was seriously talking about bringing workhouses back!

Maybe the CRAs could sponsor his campaign?

I think this depends on how much they are prepared to pay to get the info, no one has replied to the

inquiries I have made about this.

Was the application successful, if not you could ask for the name

Right, contact the following and get an answer from the top bod at Equifax. let us know how you get on! Don't read too much into "Client Delivery and Fulfilment"!!

Susan Drysdale

Head of Client Delivery & Fulfilment

Equifax Ltd

Menapia House

IDA Business & Technology Park

Rosslare Road

Drinagh

Wexford

Ireland

Tel: + 353 53 91 67516

Mob: + 353 87 21 88752

Fax: + 353 53 91 49010

Email: susan.drysdale@equifax.com

Odd title for someone who is in organisation that from our point of view that

neither delivers or fulfills until an inordinate length of time has passed.

I rather fancy the 'client' must be the lenders. we're just plain customers.

I guess you are right as our small contributions pale into insignificance compared to that made by the lenders

and the DCA's.:-x

pure commercial exercise. call credit refer to us as "units" with an "economic lifecycle."

they'll be turning us all into soylent green soon mate, mark me words. or in my case soylent red (default grade human biscuit)

Now there is one of the most inefficient and soulless organisations I have ever encountered!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cruelcredit