Prepay Gas Account, but meter is actually normal-Post pay---BG

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Folks,

I need some help, to get myself out of this situation.

I was with British Gas up until 2008, then switched to EDF, who sent me a card for prepay meter. but then British gas agent called me that why i left them, and told me that if i come back they will give me 10% discount over 12 months Terif...something like that....

So over the phone call i told them yes i will join BG..... I personally thought i dont want prepay meter headache anyway, so BG will take care of the situation.

Anyway up until now 2011, BG is telling me that i have prepay meter, but i have normal meter, i dont know if it ever changed, or if ever National Grid did something with the meters.

British Gas is telling me that i have to give them Meter number, reading, date of change, and reading at the date of change..... and they will bill me for all that..

In my defence, i never asked to anyone to chage meter at all.....

What should i do?

Hi irr

Welcome to CAG

The guys will advise as soon as they are available.

Write to British Gas, tell them you want to stay with them and they said they would sort out everything as you were staying with them. Mark it as a Formal Letter of Complaint and that you will complain to OFGEM.

• 2 weeks later...

The prepayment meter that British Gas think you have in your home was probably there in the past. When the meter was removed, British Gas probably didn;t amend their records. I'm assuming you have just received statements rather thanthan any bills whilst living in your current home?