DVLA query about vehicle I sold..

deathbycrayons
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In March I sold my car on ebay, and the buyer sent someone to collect the car and pay cash on collection. The guy who collected the car signed the log book and I sent it off that day. The car was sold with no MOT as I thought it had expired the day before (I later found out that the MOT actually expired in January and I had no idea as I'd lost the MOT certificate, I only bought the car in August).. anyway I was expecting the guy to come and pick it up with a truck or something, but he drove it away himself.

I'm just wondering what this query could be about? I've filled in the questionnaire the DVLA sent me, informing them that I don't have the car anymore and I gave them the name and address of the buyer on ebay.

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

Dear Death by crayons,

Have you received the acknowledgement slip of the change of owner.

Could you post the exact questions asked on the questionnaire please.

Doesnt sound to me like you have much to worry about but not having fair legal grounds to pursue you wont stop the DVLA trying to tap you for a few quid for some trumped up fine.

Regards PK

I definitely don't work for the DVLA - I work in a school!

However, the query from the DVLA would imply tat the new keeper has applied for a V5 and DVLA have no record of receiving the old one from you telling them of the change of keeper. As asked above, did you receive the (non-statutory) acknowledgement?

Thanks for the compliment Dennis:lol:

I can see where you are coming from but I would say it is a massive compliment, anybody who works for the DVLA and is prepared to post it publicly on this site whilst also helping the innocent motorist is very brave indeed because its not likely to be an assist to promotion!

I also work it a school Pat. Teacher of Technology and I'm pleased to be acquainted with you and your glowing reputation.

Best wishes Paul