#HBOS : Me v Halifax on Unfair Entries On Equifax Report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Have posted this on another thread before I found this thread which seems more relevant.

New on here, hope someone can help. Back in 2004 I was going through a very trying time financially. At the time I had a Halifax Current Account with a £1000.00 overdraft facility, which I continually went over drawn with. Halifax was not interested in my plight and just kept lumping my account with more penalty charges. It became a vicious circle; I was just not earning enough to cover the charges and my general cost of living. This cycle went on for a year and the charges were now over £2000.00. Halifax was constantly hounding me for payment, I finally agreed to a payment plan to clear my depts. I missed a few of these payments at the start but continued to pay on time for the next 9 months until I read that there was a way of claiming these charges under the pretence that they were unfair. I wrote my first letter and advised Halifax that I would cease paying the monthly arrangement until the outcome of my case was decided. I then moved my current account Barclays, so no more of my money was going into the Halifax money pit. Halifax continued to harass me to restart the monthly arrangement but I responded that I was not going to do this as they owed me money, not the other way round.

After several letters they finally agreed to refund all my charges and forced me to close the account. I was only too happy to oblige, dealing with Halifax really made me ill.

I then decided that I didn't need credit for the next few years and up to now I had not looked at my credit report. When I did recently I was shocked to see on the Equifax report that Halifax had registered my account as several months behind when I was disputing what I owed them. Am I right in thinking that this is an incorrect entry and do I have the right to ask for these entries to be removed? It feels really unfair that these entries are on my report when technically I did not owe Halifax anything. If anyone could give me advise I’d really appreciate it.

Thank you

Tom Littley