#NHS : Any advice

neilfisk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all, I was wondering if there is anyone here that can giv me some advice.

I have a long term illness, crohns, and was diagnosed around 13 years ago.

The first 3/4 years I was getting treatment in my local hospital and in the end they basiclly told me there is nothing more they can do.

I asked for a 2nd opinion and was sent to another hospital 200 miles from where I live.

After 2 weeks in there for them to do there tests etc I ened up having emergancy surgery.

I have been back and forth here and had another op last year.

Now, everytime I have a flare up my GP sends me to my local hospital where I always get told that its in my head!!

The consultant there does not like me and his other collegues have been told not to treat me

(by him as he is head doc) I have also been turned away from A&E.

I was rushed in about a month ago where I saw the surgeon team and they told me they would do xrays,mri's etc.

I thought great but I was having a cuppa down stairs and the GI doc(who doesnt like me) saw me

and by the end of the day I was told 'its in your head, you can go home now'

I have been in contact with the other hospital and it seems like I am getting know where here either as my next appointment is Oct.

I have been like this for the last 2 years.

I am just totally fed up and want ti feel better!!

Can anyone offer sum advice on what I can do here??

Thanks

Hey all, I was wondering if there is anyone here that can giv me some advice.

I have a long term illness, crohns, and was diagnosed around 13 years ago.

The first 3/4 years I was getting treatment in my local hospital and in the end they basiclly told me there is nothing more they can do. Not very sympathetic of them!

I asked for a 2nd opinion and was sent to another hospital 200 miles from where I live.

After 2 weeks in there for them to do there tests etc I ened up having emergancy surgery.

I have been back and forth here and had another op last year.

Now, everytime I have a flare up my GP sends me to my local hospital where I always get told that its in my head!!

The consultant there does not like me and his other collegues have been told not to treat me

(by him as he is head doc) I have also been turned away from A&E. Thats just appalling and if you can you should complain to the Hospital...............write a letter to PALS.

I was rushed in about a month ago where I saw the surgeon team and they told me they would do xrays,mri's etc.

I thought great but I was having a cuppa down stairs and the GI doc(who doesnt like me) saw me

and by the end of the day I was told 'its in your head, you can go home now' Are you saying that they did not do the investigations?

If not what were their exact reasons?

Crohns, as you know, is a condition that requires constant medication and monitoring and treatment of the flare-ups.

It is not in "your head" and that is an appaling coment.

I have been in contact with the other hospital and it seems like I am getting know where here either as my next appointment is Oct.

I have been like this for the last 2 years.

I am just totally fed up and want ti feel better!! I'm not surprised you're fed up..........you are not receiving good effective care of your diagnosed long term condition.

Can anyone offer sum advice on what I can do here??

Thanks

You need to get good effective care and treatment from your GP and the Consultant caring for you..................if not speak out and complain.

If your condition is affecting your life and your health then you should be monitored effectively.

Are you aware of a Crohns Forum? here you may get some further advice.

If the link doesn't work it's here....http://crohns-disease.org.uk/forum/

Good luck.

Edited by Night Owl
Added Link

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Hi Neilfisk some one in my family has crohns desease, they now have a bag on their side, sometimes they can do this as a temporary measure and rest the bowel, then maybe 6 monthes after put the bowel back just depends on how your bowel heals, i have been told that crohns is very painful i really hope you get some answers and help with this condition and feel better soon, please keep updating us on this as many people have this condition and sharing about this desease will help many

If you are not happy with your consultant- and i wouldn't he sounds very arrogant- you have the right to request a different one. either contact PALs or check the NHS website ,its on there how to change. Same with the hospital you can go to a different one in your area. Also why not go on line and find the best doctor for you condition and see if you can be referred to him. If you were reasonably happy with the care you received at the other hospital, have you tried contacting them and telling them you are not doing so well and need an earlier appointment?

• 6 months later...