#Employment : Help with SSP and bank holiday situation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently signed off work and have just been sent a letter notifying me that I have been put on SSP from this Monday. We are paid on 15th of each month 50% in arrears 50% advance. They will need to deduct money from May payroll to reflect this. I have no problem with being put on SSP (although more notice would have been nice) but just wanted to check what the situation is with regards to bank holidays. There are 4 bank holidays during this two week period and I do not know what the law says about payment when on SSP. Should I get full pay for the bank holidays or does the SSP override this?

Thanks for any help !

It will depend on your contract. Does it make provision for bank holidays? If you are given bank holidays as a paid holiday or a day in lieu, then yes.

There is no statutory provision for bank holidays, as many people think.

Remember that the holidays you accrue even when you are sick should be paid in full.

Hi epulpo,

Yes I think that is right, simply put, but I wasn't sure if the SSP overrides that ?

Are you sure that is right or do you think I should check with a lawyer? Don't want to come across as unreasonable but just wanted to know what is legally right before I talk to my employer about it. Thanks again for your help.