#LloydsTSB : Lloyds charges for unauthorised OD

george96
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4746 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an account with LLoyds with NO overdraft facility. Throughout the history of the account, if any transaction would take me overdrawn lloyds would refuse the transaction and charge me £20.00 for the returned DD or standing order. It only happened twice in 3 years. Fair enough, I should have been more on-the-ball.

Over the new year bank holiday a DD took me £27.00 OD which Lloyds allowed to go through. By the time I learned of this, 4 days had passed before I was able to transfer funds into the account. Now Lloyds have charged me £5 for the use of an unauthorised overdraft and £10 per day whilst I was overdrawn.

What can I do?

suffer like the rest of us!!

there's nowt we can do about it as far as i know.

try £330 for one month o/d'd by 7.31 for for 22day!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have an account with LLoyds with NO overdraft facility. Throughout the history of the account, if any transaction would take me overdrawn lloyds would refuse the transaction and charge me £20.00 for the returned DD or standing order. It only happened twice in 3 years. Fair enough, I should have been more on-the-ball.

Over the new year bank holiday a DD took me £27.00 OD which Lloyds allowed to go through. By the time I learned of this, 4 days had passed before I was able to transfer funds into the account. Now Lloyds have charged me £5 for the use of an unauthorised overdraft and £10 per day whilst I was overdrawn.

What can I do?

I think you have three options.

1. Do nothing because this has "ONLY" cost you fifty quid and you won't do it again will you.

2. Write politely, explaining the circumstances and that you are a very good customer and would they please waive the charges on this occasion - after all, they usually bounce OD payments so why have they changed their procedure?

3. Close your account and tell them why...

I personally, would try option two and if they refuse go straight to option three.

MHO only!

You MUST complain to the bank, preferably in person, go in, statements in hand and what it is you want them to do to rectify the problem.

If they don't or won't refund you the charges, then ask to speak to the manager, or someone else of a senior position, if they still will not back down ask them who it is you need to speak to to have the money refunded.

Pretty much you need to exhaust their complaints procedure, open another bank account with someone else, and vote with your feet.

Every bank charge Lloyds have taken out of my account, I have successfully demanded back, in fact up until now they have simply opted for the peaceful life and given me back my money.

The final straw being that although I have an agreed overdraft of £50, if I use anything more than £10 of it they charge me £5 flat rate! This is currently in the process of their complaints procedure, a new bank account has been opened and I am ready to vote with my feet.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

After a couple of letter to and fro (hardship plea, good customer etc.) , I received a letter from Lloyds stating they would NOT refund any of the charges and that I should take it up with the Banking ombudsman.

I wrote back saying that I would now be requesting a SAR for the 4 accounts I held in the past including a personal loan account with PPI.

A week later they refunded the charges!!!!

Still going ahead with the SAR.

well done

great result

i've got to admit this is the second time i've heard of the refunding this week

are lloyds having a slight guilt trip?

BTW: what letter did you send regarding the chargs...i might try it myself!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That is Excellent news!

Now vote with your feet and open up a different bank account, and as you now have the bit between your teeth get reclaiming those charges and fees when your SAR comes through..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well done - I too have had charges refunded when being determined with my complaint - currently awaiting outcome over charges incurred when they set-off. Like you will threaten with SAR and FOS.

Wonder if this is a sea-change from LTSB, as generaaly being nice to me now. Still not banking with them

Intend

Bazooka Boo

I already have.

dx

I initially sent a basic hardship letter taken from the templates off this site. Then I sent a letter offering £20.00 with the balance to be refunded.

When Lloyds stonewalled me I simplly sent this:

Lloyds TSB

Charlton Place

SP10 1RE

11th May 2011

Your ref: xxxxxxxx

Acc no. xxxxxxxx

Dear Mr. Stephen,

Thank you for your reply dated 3rd May 2011, to my letter of complaint regarding the excessive charges levied by you on my current account.

I have been reviewing the bank’s conduct across all of my Lloyds accounts – both past and present – and have decided to submit a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998.

This will be sent to the Data Controller at Lloyds TSB and will cover all of the six Lloyds accounts which I hold or have held.

So whilst your suggestion to contact the FOS is welcomed, at the moment it’s a little premature.

Yours sincerely.

xxxxxx

lloyds SAR notification.doc