OOPs i think tower capital has got a ccj against me!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so a claim form comes through my door after defaulting on a tower loan for personal reasons lets not get in to that. So I started filling in the online claims thing as i wanted to defend the **** out of the charges they put on. Never finished. Thing is I had to go stay at a friends quick snap and tbh i forgot. stupid i knw. but now ive moved lost all details of the claim and i cant put down my new address coz my wages directly affects thier income. (disability benefits) And im in no position to subsidise thier income. So the date the 14 days was up was the 4th april. I cant afford to pay within the 30 days to get it dismissed.Am i doomed to owe the amount of the judgement. Will they obtain attatchment of earnings if i dont inform them of my new address? (i have no way of getting my mail) and on a side note if i change the address of my basic bank account will the info be passed to cra's/government if i dnt apply for ne more credit in future? im an idiot i know buts whats done is done...now what??

You would have had the opportunity to apply for more time to fill in form (28 days) but that option has now passed as it should have been before 14 days were up!!

As you have now passed the 14 day deadline, the claimant can now apply for a judgement in default which means they can demand the full amount and fees of the CCj which is binding as your side of the story has not been heard, as you missed the deadline.

You may be able to get a default judgment set aside. This may be possible if you never received the documents, or were in hospital and didn’t know they’d arrived.

You’ll be expected to prove these facts, and pay a fee.

have a look at this website for more info: http://www.trustonline.org.uk/understand-judgments-fines/default-judgments/

Have you still got the online form or do you know which court??

Good Luck

I know I missed the deadline. Big mistake. I don't know how I let it happen to be honest. I started filling the online forms in but my internet got cut off and I just completely forgot. I know that I have not recieved any documentation since as I am still in contact with someone who is living in my old place, but he is moving this week. I'm in a bit of a sticky situation with no fixed address atm, as I cant corrospond with anyone via mail because of my housing status. I know that if you dont provide a forwarding address the judgements served at your last known address are valid. What I dont want is to change my address with my bank, then DCA's and/or baliffs knocking at someone whos been so kind as to put me up in these difficult times. Or the sudden deduction of £500 from my salary payments, I can pay it in two instalments next month and the month after but Im also £480 in arrears with my council tax, which was paid into my account for a joint residence with some friends, that got subsiquently wiped out due to another PDA company. So I have to pay that too as my top priority, dont want to go to jail :|. It's a bit f'd up and im unsure what to do. These people will find me I know. Need to sort something. Dont know where to start. Oh btw it was Northampton county Court, you know the money claims online thing.

some info for eg

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=12_how_to_set_aside_a_judgment_in_the_county_court

http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/ccj-removal/index.php

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/page.php?page=35_options_for_dealing_with_your_debts

if you can't (or don't want to try to) get it set aside and can't pay the full amount of the default judgement, then could consider applying for an instalment order relevant to your means.

imo

Can they get your new address if you change your bank account? Yes, even if you make a new account. They use your credit file to track.

Attachment of earnings? Maybe

If your circumstances change in abt a year or so, make a full and final, wait a month and when it shows as paid on your credit file send an N244 which take it from me they will not bother contesting. CCJ will then be gone.

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀

Thanks for the advice everyone, its very much apprieciated. I was just wondering what sort of timeframe I am looking at for an enforcement order to be filed and used against me. Attachment of earnings/baliffs (not that I have any assets) Obviously I'm not going to be able to respond to any post but my intention is to pay half 28th May and half 28th June.

I have also made several attempts to obtain bank details from them to make smaller payments and have e-mails to that effect. Doubt that will make any difference now that the Judgement has been entered. When will I find out the judgement, i.e. when will the court let me know that a judgement has been entered by default via post. Like I said I have a friend at the old address but only untill the end of the week.

Thanks again for the responces, pointed to some good sources. You have to trall through so much crap on google, I dont know which ones are genuine and who is trying to sell me a debt plan. Good to know there are people who stand to gain nothing that will still help a chump out.