the west midland dept collection agency manchester and sexism.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear consumers,

I recently contacted the West Midland Dept collection agency as they have been sending letters to my address to a woman I do not know.

I have become used to these letters however, and phone calls, as many dept collectors have contacted me in regards to this unknown woman.

Since the Phone calls started I now open the letters and call the agencys up to inform them they have the wrong information.

I have rung..maybe 6 different agencys up and they have all ceased sending letters and were quite nice over the phone.

Today it was the turn of the West Midlands Dept agency,

I have rung them now four times, and they keep sending these letters and have mentioned sending bailifs to my house.

I am heavily pregnant and suffer from ME and other disabilities and I cannot get to the post office to return their letter.

I explained this over the phone to WMD and ,yes, I did lose my temper with them.

A man called Asif refused to let me speak to the manager, refused to send me a letter in writing saying that the comapny would not be contacting me again and was agressive and rude.

I did mention that the whole process was causing much stress and his reply, before hanging up was to tell me that was entierly my fault and to insult me.

I was deeply upset and shaken but decided to ring the company back to give them the name of the agency with whom I purchased my house and with whom the house was under when it was let out.

Again, the company was agressive.told me it was none of my business and was insulting.

I would like to complain about their services,

I do not beleive that a pregnant woman should be insulted and shouted at but I do not know how to go about a complaint without them binning my letter.

They , or the team I dealt with seemed very chovanistic,and I dont trust I would get an answer to my letter.

Is there anything I could do?

Thanks,

freya

welcome

firstly

if this is your realname as your user name

please hit the yellow triangle and ask for it to be changed giving an alternate username.

if this is so

plase post here also and i'll hide your post for.

as for the main issue

stop phoning these fleecers

they dont and wont care.

just mark all letters

not at this address

and pop them back in the post box.

no DCA has any legal powers to do anything to anyone, even genuine debtors, so just put the phone down.

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi as DX says if they send you any more letters just write on them not this address and return. If they keep ringing don't answer any of their security questions and put the phone down, if they still keep ringing get a loud whistle and use it.

Dpick