#LloydsTSB : Lloyds TSB Charges & Interest On Current Account But Won't Say What For

WhatALife
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4793 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an account with Lloyds TSB, just a current account with no overdraft.

I used the account to have working tax credit paid into and that was about it, I left the account lying with just a few pound in it for a few month (started having my tax credit paid into another bank) so wasn't using the account.

Since about October Lloyds TSB have started to take interest from the account and charges too. I haven't paid anything into the account since then.

I have wrote to them three times regarding this, once in December (sent by first class post). Once in January (recorded delivery) and once again in february (I personally hand delivered to my local branch). The letters were basically asking why the charges and interest were being taken, but I've yet to receive a reply.

I've went through all bank statements and there's nothing to show why this was happening, only things marked on statements were "O/Draft Interest" and "Charge."

I tried to apply for online banking to see if I could maybe see something there that wasn't showing up on the bank statements but couldn't for some reason, I received a letter a few days later asking me to take ID to my local branch to complete the application for internet banking. The envelope was addressed to me, but the letter inside the envelope was addressed to someone else!

Is there any way of finding out exactly why they are taking charges and interest from the account? As already mentioned I've wrote three times and had no response.

Have £20k+ in debt, seriously want to be debt free, currently in temporary accomodation and having business problems.