bankruptcy and having to get out of home?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4793 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

after 2 years of constant hell and nearly getting a degree in consumer law thanks to this site being so informative i have finally come to the end of a very long road and will be going BR .Loss of job due to ill health which was soley bought on by stress/many court hearings 100s of letters from dcas

would like to say a big thankyou to all who at one time have advised /helped me try and sought out my hell especially tomterm/peter beard/curly ben. I wish everyone the best of luck for the future.:-)

Best regards to all

out of cash

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

just wanted to give all an update on my debt hell much of it behind me now as from 10.00am today i was made BR to the tune of 65k it 1hr of waiting then all done.

just have the official receiver interview and an income payments arrangement which i am not looking forward to still would love to see the look on some of those creds faces as i quickly send off my br certs to em all:D

good luck to everyone on this site with your situations

and many thanks to all those who advised and helped me it was most appreciated 2 years of hell is all i could take.

all the best

goodbye 4 now

out of cash

I have read your threads out of cash, and I am sure you have made the right decision and can move on.

Best of luck to you.

It would be great to know how the meeting with the OR goes and how you get on. It is still an option for many and more acceptable these days, hey look at the mess the banks got into! and a lot deeper............

Hello Monty2007

Well done for being brave enough to go through BR. Will you be ok making smaller payments? I mean, will you have ample to live reasonably well. Oh you know what I mean. Sorry, I am so distressed. We have begun filling in our forms, ringing the court friday and meeting with the cab on tues just to go through things I suppose, I dont know anymore.

I think I am now more scared of not going BR than actually going BR so my way of thinking has shifted. I suppose I am in survival mode. Does that make sense. I think I am more worried about having problems with dds for a little while -whilst things settle down.

I am VERY PLEASED FOR YOU. WELL DONE. TAKE CARE

HAZEL x

• 6 months later...

hi all,

went BR dec 2008 are currently living with soon 2 b x in shared ownership property, and are worried sick about a few things like getting rehoused:confused:

does anyone know if there is a time frame from the date of the bankruptcy order for them to force a sale of our house ,my partner wants to keep house and we havent had even a letter or phone call regarding this situation and its now been 7mths do they just turn around and say ok your out????????

any advice most welcome

out of cash

HI ALL,

Just an update on my BR situation went br in dec 2008 now been 7mths the time has flown by really fast,i was allowed to keep my car but i have 30k equity so i think i will be losing my house where we have lived the last 13 years this is the worst part for me in bankruptcy have so many nice memories of this place and plus me and my stbx are splitting when house is sold its only now when i look back at the horrendous amount of threats from banks visa card companies that i feel such a huge relief from it all.Like i said once house is dealt with will be on my way to a new begining

not sure whats around the corner but i do know 1 thing for certain at 47 its going to be a long way back for me,guess i will just rent for the rest of my days,def no credit cards ever again.Maybe 1:rolleyes:

regards to all on cag

out of cash

Hi all,

i have been BR now for 7mths and have a stream of letters coming at me door step visits by the idiot dcas i am seriously thinking of taking legal action against 2 of these companies as they are acting on the instructions of 2 major high street banks which couldnt supply me with a cca when requeste 3 times 2 yrs back.

My point is can i sue for harrassment once discharge??

because if i can i will i have had it upto my back teeth with these clowns they must be in breach of quite a few laws regading chasing debts in BR door step callers,passing the debt around from post to post when they have already been told by the official reciever i am bankrupt.

can anyone give some advice on this??????????????

regards to all on cag

out of cash

hi all,

was just wondering how to start a campaign for bankrupts who are forever having problems renting after losing their homes.

I just dont see the mentality behind letting agents,like the bankrupt has no debt so there for is a lower risk than someone whos going to sign upto a long term lease with piles of loans and visa card debt the credt scoring process really need stobe looked at on this urgently.Because there is going to be 100s of thousands going br over the next 2 yrs and as we all know there are zero housing stock via councils/housing associations apart for those who sit in that special criteria which i wont describe here:D

it just seems crazy you go to a letting agent be up front with thenm about your br status they say ok give us 250.00 we will need to run a credit score on you which will come back a 100%failure.

any ideas apart from private lanlords which in my area are very few.

i also think its unreasonable to ask for 6mths up front rent, plus another mths deposit even when working getting together 3to 6k depending on where you live would take some doing.

anyway off to find the nearest field with me tent and lap top.:p

regards

out of cash

Hi, the creditors should no longer be contacting you since you were declared bankrupt.

The Official Reciever would have also written and informed all of your creditors of you going bankrupt.

I would suggest that you speak to your Official Receiver to prevent you from receiving correspondence from your creditors in the future.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

would be very greatful if someone can advise me on a small point which could have a huge impact on me becomin homeless.

1.went br last year and are up for discharge in a months time.

2.my soon 2 b xs parters parents are buying out my equity and transfering the mortgae or deeds into her sole name.

can either of these things happen without my written/sig consent i have had 3 different versions of advice and are worried and a little confused as i know if my names removed from deeds i will become homeless as will have no legal right to stay.

would really appreciate any advice someone maybe able to give .

regards

out of cash

Its my understanding that your interest in the house is transferred to the Insolvency Service on your Bankruptcy. You can contest the transfer if have an alternative option in paying your creditors.

Here is the Insolvency Services guidelines on,

What will happen to my home?

I have taken a quote that i think is so important because of the seriousness.

Where can I get more advice?

This leaflet is for general guidance only. If

you have further questions about your home

and your bankruptcy, you should ask your

professional adviser or the trustee handling

your bankruptcy.

Please note that The Insolvency Service and

official receivers cannot provide legal or

financial advice. You should seek this from a

citizens advice bureau, a solicitor, a qualified

accountant, an authorised insolvency

practitioner, a licensed conveyancer or a

reputable financial adviser or advice centre.

Thread moved.

• Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

many thanks for the advice above but have already done this including insolvency service i think i will try and speak to a more senoir person there next week as ive also had some conflicting advice from a mortgage advisor

whats bugging me is the question is quite simple but i am getting a pack of different answers:D

but have already done this including insolvency service i think i will try and speak to a more senoir person there next week.

The Insolvency Service and

official receivers cannot provide legal or

financial advice.

whats bugging me is the question is quite simple but i am getting a pack of different answers:D

You should seek this from an authorised insolvency

practitioner,

Do please try to get the right advice.

I wish you well.

This is a little bit confusing.

If you were declared bankrupt last year then any equity in the property at that time belongs to the Official Receiver.

You say your partner's parents are buying your equity. Who are they buying it from? - the OR?

Perhaps you could clarify this.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

i know the equity is the o,rs in the bankruptcy.

my s2bx is buying house out right,lump sum to or and pay off exsisting mortgage.

when deeds are transfered into her sole name i have no legal standing to remain this is what i am looking for a concrete answer on which no one seems able to give apart from a lawyer at £70 for 20 mins thats their so called legal aid"only exists for cases they will make big £s on" have tried 3, all give some pathetic excuse why they cant advise.So will just sit tight until i get marching orders. insolvency service seem to think i need to sign something for the deeds to be transfered but they were far from convincing when i asked them speaking to a OR in the morning will post an update out on the street soon or not etc:(

If your ex or their reps buy an interest in your property from the OR, then by default they have a claim against it.

If they buy complete title to the property, then they will have the right of ownership and you will have to leave if they do not accept a sitting tenant and to be fair, in their shoes I would not

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

went br 15mth ago s2bx wants to sell house immediately,we are splitting due to br etc,we have no mortgage arrears, the insolvency service have told her as she cant afford to buy my beneficial interest in the home they will have to repo it in the near future, does anyone know the costs involved in this? and how long this process usually takes ? as i wont sign over house for sale without a court order etc as i will be making myself homeless i am looking for a way out of all of this nightmare with some kind of damage limitaion if possible.

any advice ideas would be greatly appreciated.

regards

out of cash.

• 4 weeks later...