##Abbey/Santander : Charged a Default sum although my payment cleared from my bank before due date!

candy25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is the second time in 2 months this has happened and I have had it happen on previous occasions. Every other time I have called and explained and they have refunded me without hesitation and apologised.

Today I call and explain that they have charged me default sums again and got a girl who told me they wouldn't refund me because it takes 7 days to clear, even though I explained the money cleared from my bank the day before it was due, she told me my bank can recall that money 7 days after they've received the cheque. I explained the money had left my account the day before but she wouldn't accept it and repeatedly told me my bank could recall this money? I've never been told this on previous occasions and I've never come across this when I've paid by cheque with anyone else. She tried to explain other ways for me to pay, i.e. by direct debit but I told her I was too cross to stay on the phone and I just wanted to end the call (this is not like me to get cross). What really makes me furious is that clear as day, printed on my statement from Santander is the payment received is on there!!

I feel like I'm being taken for a mug and they are pulling a fast one, my money reached them in time and cleared from my account with no problems, just as it always does! The first time I had to ring to let them know that they had charged me I was told by the guy that it was because their processing centre was behind!!

I'm going to ring again on Monday and see if I speak to someone else they will refund without any problems.

Is what I was told correct? I can't see that I've been 'let off' for all this time to be honest but if I haven't got a leg to stand on I can't really go all guns blazing on the phone to have £12 returned i suppose.

Thanks in advance.