##Employment : redeployed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following an alternative job offer interview, I was redeployed into another position as part of a redundancy process, which resulted from proposed funding cuts or withdrawal of the funding by the local authority. The funder served no notice in beforehand and extended the current contract at the end of March for another two months, which was few days after I signed the new contract.

Am I entitled to claim my previous salary (higher) for another two months on the basis that they moved me into another position before a decision was made and the funder extended the original contract for another two months?

Guest Old_andrew2018

IMHO you will not be able to make a claim, your employer could not have known about the contract extension

I'm inclined to agree. You could try for it, but it is almost inevitable that the employer would counter that these were unforeseen circumstances, and in that case the redundancy would have to be based on the contract in force at the time.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Have been informed by a colleague that organisation is undertaking another restructure of the services in order to continue to operate in the most efficient and cost effective way due to the various streams of funding which supports services had been either been withdrawn or reduced.

I was redeployed into my current position three weeks ago as part of the restructuring/redundancy and I discovered that they also sent me a letter that I am also invited to attend a formal consultation meeting for this new restructuring/redeployment or redundancy.

As far as I know the funding for the position/part of the organisation that I moved in is secure for another year. I'm confused with the whole thing.