###Employment : Wages underpaid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for some advice for a family member.

They started a new job at the end of last year and each month they have always followed the same procedure and their wages have been correct.

Their last wage at the end of March was short by £300. Trying to sort it out has been a nightmare. They are really dragging it out and now trying to say that a certain bit of paperwork is each employees own responsibility and this is why it's not been paid. That is fair enough BUT someone else always fills out the paperwork and sends it off and nobody has ever said that this is not the way it should be done!

Manager was not interested, ignoring emails etc about this underpayment. So contact was made with someone higher up who was abusive.

Result is that resignation is being given due but some help about how to get the underpayment would be much appreciated.

Many thanks as always.

Hiya!!!!!!! Ms J! Y'alright?

Right. Send a letter. Headline it Letter before Action.

Set out what's owed and give em 7 days to pay. State that non-payment contravenes Section 13 ERA 1996.

State that non-payment will result in a legal application to recover the debt.

Send by recorded delivery.

Hey Elpulpo! I'm good thanks. How are you doing? Good to see you back here!

Thanks for the info. I couldn't remember the bit to quote. Letter is now on it's way!

Thanks again.

Jx