MBNA bank

Dalmatic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Your question suggests that you have not had a good look around the forums and the FAQs: you are strongly advised to familiarise yourself with this information before embarking on a course of action...

To answer your query, the answer is actually in the MBNA forum, on this sticky thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1737

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 months later...

You should not have to be put in that situation at all by them. Unfortunately other posts would reveal MBNA to be quite bad at phoning people. There was even a tale on here of someone's neighbour being called and asked to pass a note through to them!!!! Certainly my former flatmate took more than one call from them for me and they certainly implied that I owed them money by the message they left.

You've every right to be angry - especially if they left messages with colleagues. I'm not sure of the law on this, but I'm almost certain they can't do that.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

Their charming rottweiler compnay Global Vantedge phond me at work, and actually verbally abused and threatened the switchboard when they refused to put the call through.

And I never gave them my work number either. Unfortunately it's not hard to find company numbers on the net.

NatWest current account

!!Won: £1841 charges!!

MBNA credit card (Virgin)

!!Won: £200 charges + £50 goodwill gesture!!

Co-Op Bank credit card

!!Won: £225 charges!!

Halifax credit card

!!Won: £220 charges!!

Natwest credit card

Offer received and accepted, waiting for cheque!

Lloyds TSB current account

On hold due to upcoming test case

Does a google search on your name bring anything up?

Mine brings up my entry on the company website, so I'm easy to find!

NatWest current account

!!Won: £1841 charges!!

MBNA credit card (Virgin)

!!Won: £200 charges + £50 goodwill gesture!!

Co-Op Bank credit card

!!Won: £225 charges!!

Halifax credit card

!!Won: £220 charges!!

Natwest credit card

Offer received and accepted, waiting for cheque!

Lloyds TSB current account

On hold due to upcoming test case

Hi Dalmatic,

Angry cat is right, first thing to do is to get onto the OFT. MBNA will try and fob you off with talk of the banking ombudsman who will, and can do nothing for you.

As far as Global Vantedge is concerned, do yourself a big favour, take the plunge and ring them...

give them a whole new set of phone numbers- for work, and mobile and home, even if you have to make them up! In fact your work number you could give them , could be for either stuart johnson or Michael Rhodes at MBNA.

If you search back through the threads, search for Surreyscouse or Sev vs MBNA, these are both informative threads and will fill you full of information and renewed strength to fight these parasites. I'vwe been there and I know exactly what you are going through. In fact if it wasn't for this site and people like SS and Angry cat, it was very near braking point.

The next time GVI call, do the following:

1) Insist on the operator's LOGIN ID. - they will twist and turn but insist that you won't talk to them if they don't give you the ID. also don't be fobbed off with some indian guy telling you his name is James Lovell!

2) Ask for the address of their UK office, if they ask why, say because you wish to make a complaint.

3) Send a letter and tell them that you will only make contact by post - they will ignore this of course, but go through the motions so that you can show that you have acted in a fair and reasonable manner.

4) Record the conversations - the ideal way to do this is with your mobile, or alternatively an inline recorder unit which you can buy at spymaster.co.uk

It will give you the power to transcribe conversations for complaint letters.

Once they have threatened you, at the end of the conversation you can tell them that the conversation has been recorded for quality purposes!

WRITE TO MICHAEL RHODES, in fact copy in every one on the list at the head of this thread, and don't hold back - I wrote every article of conversation on my letter to him.

If all that fails - REPORT THEM TO THE POLICE. IT IS HARRASEMENT AND MUST BE FOLLOWED UP AS A CRIME.

I am trying to write an article at the moment in an attempt to get one or more of the national tabloids to take up the story - if you are interested, let me know as I am trying to get as many first hand accounts of the misery these organisations cause in order to intimidate people when recovering money. If the accounts are true or even better recorded then perhaps there is a case for a legal presedent also.

The thing to remember is this... don't let yourself get intimidated by a little piece of plastic - you are in command.

It may well be worth writing also to Donna Pumfrey explaining that your work has now suffered due to the actions of GVI and MBNA harassement, and should you be disciplined over excessive use of facility or degeneration of work brought about by them, then you would be more than prepared to take legal advice. - remember, if they are the cause of you losing your job, then they don't get their money.

I hope this helps or at least gives you some ideas, just remember to be strong, and Keep posting.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks