Council PCN Expired Resident Permit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4821 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any advice.

Basically I live in an area where its residential parking 24/7 365 days a year. Normally the council send me reminder a month or so before it expires and I cough up £50 and get to park anywhere within 1/4 a mile of my house (but never in front :-( ).

On Friday morning I went to get in my car and found I'd been given a PCN for being "parked in a residents or shared use parking place or zone displaying an invalid permit, an invalid voucher or an invalid pay and display ticket". I double checked my permit and it had run out at the end of Feb and I hadn’t realised, to be honest I can’t believe I've not been given a ticket in the last 17 days as the wardens are around every day.

So I've now got a £50 (reduced to £25 if paid in 14 days) fine. Now here comes the interesting bit, I'm actually moving out at the end of March, to a house with a drive way :-) .

So I can either:-

• pay £25 for the fine and park in a free bay for 2 weeks,
  • pay £50 for a permit, appeal and hope they left me off and then claim back £46 for the unused 11 months,
  • or is there an alternative?

Is it worth appealing on compassionate grounds stating I'd not received the reminder (which I haven’t yet?)

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks

ale

To be honest the 'wardens' (actually called CEO's now) have perhaps given you 14 days grace to re-new the permit. You say that you havn't recieved a reminder but that dosn't mean they havn't sent one out to you. I'm not sure whether that will be grounds for appeal but I see no harm in trying as long as you do it within the discount period. From what you have said, I think you will be lucky to get it cancelled.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply. I'd never thought of it that way around before and your right just because they I havent received it doesnt mean they havent sent it. I knew it was coming up but I presumed it was the end of March as I hadnt received a reminder yet.

Do you reckon I can apply on compassionate grounds?

Thanks

Ale