CCML-United Utilities 3 Table one searches can i complain?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

United Utilities have searched my credit file 3 times in the table 1 column

firstly i am paying them via first credit now but now account still isnt arrears its the current balance

secindly the dates for the searches are 17/08/2010 24/08/2010 23/09/2010

Reason for search:Debt Collection (there is no debt its the current balance im paying off)

Not is they remove it, you would need to prove that you suffered a 'loss' because of the information, so, unless you have been refused credit because this is the only thing on your file the answer would again be , no.

I applied for a barclaycard initial at around that time and it was refused

i recieved this todaay:

Dear Mr X

Thank you for your email etc etc

i am sorry that you are happy with numerous credit searches made with equifax in respect of your property,i would have like to have discussed this matter by phone but unable to got through etc etc,

I have chosen to reply to your email by letter this is because i need to confirm details of your account and this is a more secure method of communication.

Please allow me to explain.on the back of each customer bill is the following statement.

if you owe us money,we may need to search the files of credit reference agencies,who will record the search.if you move out of your property without giving us your forwarding address and still owe us moneyor you are still living there and fall into debt,we may share your information with other credit providers,credit reference agencies,tracing and or debt agencies and where appropriate public authorities and teh DWP.

when we have a valid reasob to send and account (i.e.the customer in debt with us) to equifax via complete credit management limited (or CCML) we perform a "debtor" Search rather than a "credit" Search which does not directly affect a customers credit score,however we do leave a "debtor" footprint identifying we have made such a search.

if you owed us money at the the time the "debtor" search was carried out on the credit file,then we will not remove the debtor search record from your file .this is also the case if since the search was carried out you have made payment in full to us or have set up a payment plan.

if numerous companies perform "debtor" searches on the same customer around teh same time then potentially this maybe interpreted as numerous bodies beginning to question the credit worthiness of the customer and this may have an adverse effect.debtor searches are recorded on credit file for up to two years.

because your account is in arrears (is it?),i consider any searches made have been done correctly (3 searches in a month is correct?)

However,to enable me to look into the matter of multiple searches,please advise me of the equifax credit report reference numbers.

I confirm the balance outstanding is £xxx (not arrears) your account is being managed by first credit (I know i set a plan the day you told me to to pay teh current balance off)

I have replied to stage 1 of your complaints procedure etc if you would like any more info etc cte

why did they search me in the first place? they already know where i live i contacted them last year when it was getting difficult with payments and discussed it and explaied everything i am paying off the current balance not arrears i just dont get it.

• 3 weeks later...

well the case owner of the complaint wont remove the searches, and they say they have been done correctly and not unwarranted?

i just dont want to take them to court if i can help it so what do i do next?

ive just realised 1st credot said to me a few months ago when i set up the plan it will go into arrears in april the 400 and something i owe is for april 2011-2012

i have downloaded ico complaint form any ideas of what i can do next?

• 3 weeks later...