MBNA Allied International Credit and Debt Clear Recoveries

digger279
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i would suspect you have loads of unlawful £12 penalty charges and ppi?

fc

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i would suspect you have loads of unlawful £12 penalty charges and ppi?

fc

Thanks for the reply. Strangely enough I had very little in the way of penalty charges as I stopped making payments to the account very abruptly after I ran out of money. I never had any ppi.

I suppose if I could claim something back they would demand an extra payment from my windfall !!!!

not if its been sold!

they cant off set against a debt they no longer have rights over.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

Hi again,

I don't know if I should start a new thread or not but as this is related I will try here first.

At the time of the above I also had another MBNA account go over to Arrow Global via Assignment but the DCA here was Wescott.

I have been making token payments to Wescott by standing order but a couple of weeks ago they wrote to me saying they are no longer managing the account but my recent payment has gone to their client and I should cease making further payments to Wescott.

Since then no-one else has contacted me about who my payment should go to so I decided to ring Wescott to find out what's going on. They told me that they stopped managing the account in November and didn't know who it was with now! Suggested I find a number for Arrow and ring them. Explained all I had was an address in Guernsey which was on the Notice of Assignment and no phone number.

I have found details for Arrow here http://www.arrowglobal.net/contactus/default.aspx

Should I ring them or is it best to write to the Guernsey address for clarification? I haven't cancelled the S.O. yet as don't want to get hit with a default as it would appear that the payment still being passed on by Wescott.

My gues is AG may be in the process of selling off some of the large portfoilo of duff MBNA accounts they bought.

Please give us some back ground on this account.

Cancel the SO and wait for the next contact.

The account will have been defaulted before AG bought the debt it cannot be defaualted again!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi again,

Not too sure how much background info you require as I first ran into difficulties in June 2010 and upon advice from CAB approached MBNA with an offer of token payment. From thereon the accounts went through the default process and eventually ended up with AG by way of assignment. All of the above thread relates to difficulties I had with AIC at the time of the assignment.

Briefly I had 4 credit card accounts with MBNA all of which have been assigned to AG by notice of assignment in January 2012. Two went to Wescot for collection and the other two are with AIC. I still make a monthly token payment on each account by SO as instructed in the NOA.

I have only heard from Wescot that their two accounts are no longer managed by them but nothing from AIC about the other two. Presumably AIC are still managing these.

I am still unemployed and in receipt of pension credit.

What I meant about default was I am worried if I stop payment then AG issue court proceedings for failing to make payments.There again if I don't know who to pay then is it up to me to make reasonable enquiries to find out.

No it is not for you to do anything, if AG want to change things THEY MUST inform you properly with a new NOA,

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Well it's taken Wescot 3 months to tell me they no longer manage the account even though I was still paying them. For all I know AG might have written it off ...hmmm not really but it would be nice.

So I guess I will cancel the SO and await further contact.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Further to the above I have now received a letter from Restons Solicitors informing me that they have been instructed by Arrow Global to review my instalment arrangement. They state that all future payments and correspondence should go to them BUT I haven't heard from Global Arrow to this effect. Should I ask Restons for proof from Global that payments should go to Restons?

They have also asked me to fill in their I&E account and whilst I have no problems with this I shall send them the one I always use as no way are they going to find out how much my house is worth, how much is owing on mortgage and years left to run, plus value of car (13 year old banger) etc.

Finally if I do end up sending the token payment to Restons is it advisable for me to add in the couple of monthly payments that were missed as a result of Wescott not collecting anymore and Arrow or it's representative failing to get in touch until now?

You have had a notice of assignment to Restons unlikely they would be contacting you without authority from AG.