Picasso---The car Citroën can't repair.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Citroën cars---crammed full of technology!?!!!!!

No doubt many of you have read my many posts on Arnold Clark and Citroën not being WILLING or able to solve the fuelling problem with my car.

Just before Xmas 2010, i started having trouble with the indicators and lights---thought it was faulty stalk. Took it to local Citroen dealers and they confirmed this. It took Citroen 8, yes eight weeks to deliver a replacement part as there are apparently 22 different types. To cut a long story, the car has been back four times for repair and the fault still exists. They have fitted two or three Comm 2000units, carried out umpteen diagnostic checks.

Apparently, Citroen dealers do not have a phone number to contact the technical dept. for back up---it all has to be done by email and sometimes the replyies are slow and unclear.

WHAT SORT OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THIS??????

Citroen UK HQ in Slough have written me letters which show unequivical proof that this company just don't give a monkeys F---- about their customers. Customers!--you know,-- the mugs that fill their wage packets to the brim.:-x

Can anyone suggest what i can do about this disgusting situation?

Edited by scaniaman
dippit

Buy a Ford??????? Why?For the size of car i require It's the same engine as the picasso--DV6. As i recal, Ford don't exactly have a great reputation for customer/dealer backup. But since you are tied up with Ford in some way, it is expected that you recommend them!!!!

The new C-Max or S-Max would be just perfect for you, lots of toy's. Dealer standards have come a long way in the last few years.

Apart from 3 years with an S-Type, I've had only Fords for the last 32 years.

PM me your location and I can even recommend a Dealer!

http://www.ford.co.uk/

Hammy :whoo:

46 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

HMCTS Approved Technical Expert and Independent Motor Trade Consultant

The new C-Max or S-Max would be just perfect for you, lots of toy's. Dealer standards have come a long way in the last few years.

PM me your location and I can even recommend a Dealer!

32 years Hammy????????? That's dedication but then the pension is exceptional today as well!!!!.

True though, C max and S max are very, very good and light years ahead of oposition in this class.

Funny thing is though, Citroen has just elected a new dealer council chairman who just happens to work for a company whos owner I would alledge has/or had/or did have more than enough ties to a company and directors who were once convicted of the biggest tax fraud ever seen in the UK.

Food for thought perhaps and the old saying Leopards never change their spots???

3 years in an S type Hammy??.................probably the best motoring you have ever had............when it was working properly!!

An under developed piece of machinery that when reformed into the XF has proved to be the dogs doo dah in its class.

Aye, on the odd occasion that nothing went wrong, or dropped off, it was an awesome car. But I visited the local Dealer more times in those three years than I ever did with all the Fords.

After the S-Type I never really was 'into' the XF, the Mondeo I have has more toys for 10K less.

Hammy :-D

You really need to try an XF. Ride might seem a bit harsh on passive dampers but get a CVD version and it's a different world. CVD will be available I have heard on all cars from 2012 MY which starts off in June I understand.

Very, very different car from S type and actually reliable too!

Perhaps Scania should wait for the estate version that was recently announced. Blindingly good fuel consuption as well!

Try a Fiat. I'm on my 13th one atm since 1978. Also worked in a Ford dealership back in 1995 (while owning a Fiat Punto Cabrio) which I wasn't allowed to park on site! Main probs in those days was with the Probe as I recall. My only prob with a Fiat was with an Uno Turbo. Turbo seized when it was only a few months old and it took about a week to get a replacement, all done under warranty of course. No other probs. Got a Punto HGT at present which I bought new in 2000 so i'ts the longest i've ever owned a car. Runs like a dream.

If I remember the probe was a re-badged Mazda, don't know which model though.

Hammy :-)

If I remember the probe was a re-badged Mazda, don't know which model though.

No idea about that, but it was the one which I kept having to book in for warranty issues! Also remember the strange looking Scorpio? In the 12 months I was there, I don't think we sold 1.

Hi guys, just back severely weatherbeaten from Canaries. I can't afford a Jag, Heliosuk. If i could, i would be weary of "XF" as this reminds me of DAF trucks heap of s -----.

Now Hammy you have me all wrong---I certainly don't want a motor full of "Toys". Toys generally mean electronic gadgetry, which means expensive repairs. Electric windows without mechanical backup being a prime example.

As for the S max, my son in law has one and i can't say i'm impressed. The C Max is a little too narrow for us and a bit small, it also has this confounded DV6 engine. We looked at most of the Ford Group cars and none had a front passenger arm rest available---the LHO says it's essential for support because of her spinal condition.

What's this i hear about an 8 valve Citroen diesel?

So then

Nothing that reminds you of 'XF' whatever the brand, truck or car.

No toy's or electronic gadgetry.

Manual windows.

Wider than a C-Max.

Engine not connected to Citroen.

Front passenger arm rest.

Spitting distance of Perth............................................Scotland.

Good luck with that then.

Hammy :-D

Multipla springs to mind. Got 3 seats across the front so obviously wide enough. although it looks a tad on the odd side, most motoring reviews were very favourable especially the old design (pre-2001) http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/fiat/multipla/postcode/wv46hb/radius/1500/quicksearch/true

Hammy, Why near Perth, Scotland????? If i could get the right car, everything considered, i would travel as far as required.

Zafira:- No offence meant, but when i read this the first words to spring to mind were "frying pan and fire".

Because the interior layout / size / design, of the Xsara Picasso satisfies most of our needs, i was reluctant to move from Citroen, especially considering the experience with my first Picasso. However, all that changed today when i received a phone call from Citroen Uk at Slough. I intend to make a separate post detailing the context of this call.

All i can say at present is that they should all be wearing heavy duty wrist supports.

I used my amazing powers of deduction to deduce that you were near Perth.

I would suggest not traveling too far to buy a car, stick with the ones that are easy to get to. Although i might also deduce that your relationship might have broken down (no pun intended) with your local Dealers to the point where you feel you can't return. which begs the question........was it worth it?

I can help with a website that sells heavy duty wrist supports.

Hammy

Hammy, with my amazing powers of deduction i reckon you are good with a computer and came up with this Perth idea from doing a geographical check on my IP number!!!!????!!! Sneaky naughty or what?

I did in fact visit my local dealer a couple of months back and it was quite amusing. The numpty i bought the car from just sat at his desk staring out at me, and the other morons simply disappeared. Eventually "Braveheart" came out and i offered a deal on a new car but he declined. (Iknow why he declined). There is little point in my returning now since the "Managerial"????LOL, staff are no longer there.

However, enough for tonight as the car goes in for MOT tomorrow and also to get electrical faults repaired ---5th attempt. So there may be another saga tomorrow.

I have been wanting to sell this car from before Xmas, but can't advertise it as Citroen can't do repairs to make it in a sellable condition.

See my new post on Citroën UK Ltd.

What i didn't put in the post (because of repetitiveness) was that he still can't tell me why this car is so heavy on fuel. (tonights figure down to 43.6mpg.)

He took umbridge, and became sarky, when i suggested that since they are adamant that "There is nothing wrong with your car" it is only logical to assume that there is an inherent fault with the car which they know about but will not divulge. Perhaps a small batch of FAP cars with this fault?????

Edited by scaniaman
dippit

Nice idea but, if I may say so, an overcomplicated and slightly paranoid view of my computer skills, having said that, what a good idea, assuming someone tells me how I would even start to begin to ascertain your IP Address. I could google the solution but I'm generally too busy to even consider anything so complicated.

What I have got, and I'm surprised you haven't worked this out, is 20 odd years working for, at any 1 time, 3 of the most famous brands in the UK. Not dealers, manufacturers, and not Citroen. I do believe in some of your previous posts that you visited either the brand, or named a dealer, or named the town Perth or even Stirling, my memory is better than my computer skills.

I'm also not sneaky, or what.....................................As far as naughty, do you still want those cuffs?

Thank you so much for taking such an indepth interest in my plight----wish Clark / Citroen would do similar.

Paranoid!?! Perhaps, but after two years+ dealing with the "PITS" in the motoring world, i suppose one does become very cynical.

Perhaps you could put your 20+ yrs in the trade to good use by telling me exactly what is wrong with this car causing it to guzzle diesel at the rate it does??

Not quite Perfect Working Order Conniff----Fuel consumption falls within factory parameters??whatever they are. In order for this car to be OK within the VCA figures, i would have to drive it solely in urban situations. Have a look at a map and see Arbroath and Dunfermline---on the A92. Most of this car's milage is on this road, except the numerous times it's in a Citroen garage!!!!!!!

In light of previous responses i'm a bit hesitant asking this but what the heck eh.

Have you got your own, tested and verified average fuel consumption figures for your exact vehicle, including the correct emmision level, for each of the 3 measured driving types and matched these (or not) to the citroen published figures.

How do they compare?

Hard statistics not assumptions.