Can he do anything???

barney2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im writting this for my stepdad. Couple of months ago he took it to one of these hand car wash places. The bloke who was doing it drove it into the back of another car. My stepdads car was a write off, he decided to have the car back and car wash place are paying for it. Its an old car but in good nick and jst a runaround. When he got it back there was damage to one side of it from the garge or whoever assed it. Can he do anything or will the garages insurance just declare it a write off and not pay??

the garage is liable so their insurance will either repiar it or write it off and offer settlement,

your stepdad can offer to buy it back but it can mean getting a new MOT test done and it will always have the write off on its hpi checks so will lose alot of its future value

Its worth hardly anything which is why he got it back from insurance in first place. Just seems wrong that the garage who did the assessment have damaged it and hes screwed cos all they will do is write it off again.

The premis of any third party claim is that you should be no worse of than you were before the incident irrespective of the cost to the insurance company or whoever is responsable.

i.e. the car should restored to its previuos condition or to be paid its equivalent value; that is so you can purchase another car in the same condition as yours was ( full retail price, not trade or scrap) so never accept the first offer. Shop around to see what you can get an equivalent car for and thats you want from them, no more no less.

• Haha 1