Problems with Recorded Delivery Letters.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On this site, especially on Motor related forums, excellent advice is given in relation to SOGA.

In order to initiate the process, the Rogue Trader must first be given the chance to make good any complaints. It is always recommended that all comunication is by Rec Del letters.

Both myself and others using the site have had trouble getting traders to accept rec del letters. On checking, it appears that if the postman cannot deliver a letter, he/she leaves a note saying to collect letter from PO. The PO supposedly hold this letter for a week, then it goes to a warehouse in Nothern Ireland and is stored for six months before being destroyed.

Last week i tried to phone several po numbers. All were sent to answering machines, and their rec del tracing system had a message saying that it was temporarily out of action.

ROYAL MAIL is EVEN worse than BT when you actually want to speak to a human, as their recorded messages go round in circles. A DISGRACEFUL WAY to run a public utility company.

Please give your comments and experiences with REC DEL letters.:mad2:

• 4 weeks later...

My last Rec Del letter was posted in February but not delivered. Today it was returned from Belfast. They had opened it to get senders address, and attached a note saying reason for non delivery was that intended recipitant had skipped the country----so much for my warranty.:x

if a return address is on the back of any letter then the letter will Not go to belfast. the delivery office will endorse back to that address

its only if no return address that it will go o belfast

sugestion, on the back of a letter just put house number and postcode

for example

if undelivered (15) DH1 3LP FOR EXAMPLE