Help-Parking ticket-advice appreciated

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

]Hi all, would apprecaite anyones help with these pcn(s) that i have finally received from harrow council after hvaing my warrant revoked from the TEC for non-recepit of orginal PCN.

I have attached both pcns-apparently within minutes on the same day but as this day was 14 months ago!!! i cant remember what i was doing---! all i know is that i have never parked in harrow town so all i can think of was that i pulled over where i shoudlnt to drop someone off when it was snowing.....

in light of this, what is the best thing for me to do--just pay up as they have photos (altho the hptots are so unclear its difficult to say where they are!).......given the traumatic situation i ahve already been through to get the warrant revoked...or whetehgr i should request more evidence given i cant remember anything....or whether i should appeal on a procedural error----if anyone can spot one?

any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks

rep3.pdf

rep1.pdf

pcn 1+2 removed as shows pers details

dx 13:40 2-3-11

PCNS.doc

Edited by dbcc33
PCNs with details removed

Have they just sent you these with no covering letter?

You may want to change link 3 as it has all your details on it.

Think I would appeal that the contravention did not occur as you believe you were just dropping off or picking up a passenger. As it's now over a year ago and you know for certain you have never parked there, then to the best of your belief those were the circumstances. As you never received anything about these until (whatever date) you have not been given the chance to appeal at the time but can assure them you never parked there for any length of time. Any stop would have been de minimis and/or fall within a boarding/alighting exemption, you believe.

Make sure you send the same appeal in duplicate with a different PCN number on each one, separate envelope. Finish by saying that if the PCNs are not cancelled you will have no hesitation in referring them to PATAS. If they are not minded to cancel the PCNs, tell them that you will require with any Rejection, disclosure of all the evidence upon which they will be relying, including all photos taken or a link for you to view any moving footage they still have. Make them work for it, hopefully it's too old for them to prove anything and they will give up. Certainly, in my view, those photos alone don't show anything except a car in the dark somewhere...no lines, no signs, nothing.

Reply to both on grounds of procedural impropriety

An A.10 PCN must be served within 28 days of the contravention.

That will only work if they did not issue one to begin with. We know that the OP didn't receive them, but that doesn't mean they weren't sent.

Would the alighting argument hold tho if there is no loading allowed? Ie in this circumstance, is stopping the same as parking? I think i will ask for the evidence anyway as i can, because yes i do not belive i would have stopped for more than a minute, but i dont know if that is sufficient argument. Also yes because u cant even tell where i am from the photo its difficult to know where to look for the signs. However the uploaded photos are a bit unclear, on the hard copy it does look like there is a double yellow line in both, however how do i know its not the same offence i havent been ticketed for twice...?!

hi i have reattached the pcns in the original post and eliminated one file that contained details as i couldnt work out how to delete the old one and replace it! many thanks for any advice with these..if i can i'll try and upload a better image of the PCNs as you can see double yellow lines poking out from under the car, but to be honest both images could be in the same place taken from different angles???!!

pcn 1+2 STILL showed pers details.

removed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

gosh im not having much luck with this! anyway hopefully now the files are as they should be ;-) i know for next time!

anyway sorry i cant get the images clearer but theya refairly dark in the orginal............from what i can see it almost looks like in one i am stopped and int he other i might be pulling away--not sure how im supposed to be certain that they arent 2 tickets for the same offence? other than the slight difference in location in the text but i only ahve their word for this. so i guess the best thing to do is to request more evidence based on the reasoning that because it was so long ago, i cant remember any incident? also although it looks like a ouble yellow----half of it is covered in snow.......

anyway i will ahve to respond pretty soon so any advice, comments ASAP woudl be much appreciated! thanks!!