Three (mobile network) high street store return policy

kevlo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys and girls please help.

where do i stand when a branch of three (mobile network) high street store refuses to honour their returns policy.

Today i tried to return an iphone that i took out on contract yesterday and was told that they wont accept the return. Despite it saying on a card on the assistants desk that as long as you return within 14 days and the item is as new they will cancel the contract. (i have attached pic of this returns policy card)

I also phoned three customer services from the shop and they told them they should cancel and refund but they still refused. and in addition to this on the back of the contract it says

"in the unlikely even that you change your mind about your purchase you may return your handset to this store within 14 days provided that the handset is as sold and unused. This means that must not have been activated and personalised the handset by inserting the sim card and turning it on"

i cant believe they are so adament despite it being in black and white everywhere.

what can i do when talking to the customer chap on the phone i said can i escalate it but he said i have to do that through the store. which is a no go because it is the manager of the store refusing to do it.

what is my next step?

thanks

kev

you need to send a letter to them by recorded delivery stating you wish to cancel

after receipt from the store ,return the phone to the store and get a receipt

if all else fails then get an incident log with trading standards and give them a copy of your letter

tell 3 in the indian call centre that you are cancelling the phone and get them to confirm

do not insert the sim card

do we have a template letter i can use?

how do i return the phone when they wont accept the return? plus i need them to refund the initial outlay of £69

thanks for your reply

yep its actually the store manager that is digging his heals in. there appears to be no way above him either. if i phone there customer services they tell me its down to the store. if i ask the store if they have an area manager etc they say no (of course)

ive put it in writing but it sounds abit crap and i feel they will just throw it in the bin

yep i spoke to consumer direct and they have advised to write them a letter but the template they have advised is based around a faulty product and im not sure how to adapt it. was hoping for a more specific "breach of contract/policy" type letter

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I had a similar problem with 3Store returns policy.I was assured by their sales team over the phone that they had a 14 day returns policy if i bought any products from inside a store. I took the products back and now they will not accept it.

I dialed the customer services number for 3Store and they agreed that I should get my money back. 3Store customer services even fully agreed with me when I told them that 3Store's trading is misleading and illegal.Yet, still don't have my money back. The manager inside 3Store was rude and unhelpful and they keep telling me that there's nothing they can do?!?!.

3Store suck :(

Has anyone had any progress speaking to trading standards?

Edited by Samt908