Anyone who wants a quick settlement after LBA.....

GreatWonder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Spurred on by all the posts where people have been telephoning MBNA and receiving settlements there and then I thought I'd update everyone with my experience.

Sent my LBA (didn't bother with a prelim) on the 2nd September, accepting their £620 goodwill as part payment against £1316 of charges, giving a deadline of 16th September for the full amount before going down the MCOL route.

Nervously (though well hidden) rang the Advocate office this morning, asked for Mr. Stephen Bailey (who had signed my goodwill offer) and was put through by a nervous female representative to a very friendly person called Paul (I've seen his name mentioned on other posts).

Advised I was chasing up my response to the LBA as the deadline was approaching, and wanted to avoid court action. Paul said he would get my details, work out the interest for me, and call me back within a couple of hours.

Within 15 minutes I got a call back offering me another £500 - this offer was made in error as Paul was only offering interest on the £620 goodwill payment. Reminded him I wanted the full £1316 plus compound interest on the lot. He went away and phoned back within half an hour, offering a total of £1870!!! This is on top of the £620 already credited!

As my outstanding balance was only £1000, Paul told me the full amount of £1870 would be issued by cheque within 5 working days! (I expected the account balance to be cleared and the remainder to be sent as a cheque) I didn't even have to ask for a cheque! He then said that regarding the remaining MBNA balance, I could do what I wanted with the money - I could choose whether to pay off the balance or not.

So this has taken an initial claim of £1316 over the £2400 mark once the compound interest had been added. I must say that all the people I've dealt with at MBNA have been very friendly and efficient, and I have never had to complain (over and above my original complaint).

To anyone that is waiting on a reply to their LBA deadline, my advise is to call them, it works!! I was so nervous when doing it, but didn't falter, and it was all settled within an hour!

(Donation made as soon as cheque cleared!)

I agree GreatWonder - for the cost of a call it seems that you CAN not only get compound interest added to your cliam but an offer is made right there and then! - alos in my case they went back beyond six years! and found another £100 in charges.

If you are not pleased with MBNA's offer you can always proceed to MCOL so nothing is lost.

Paul (I dont know his last name) is VERY helpful indeed so he is worth a call.

My advise if free and is worth exactly as much as you paid for it….

HSBC 28 Oct 2006 Personal accounts ~ Offered and accepted ~ £3514 :)

HSBC 15 Sep 2006 Business ~ Offered and accepted ~ £4980 :)

MBNA 7 Sep Offered and accepted £2290 - (my amount £1170 plus Compound Interest) using the "phone call method" :o

FREEWAY 28th Oct ~ offered and acepted £506 :)

TSB VISA MCOL £300 - court date 27th March 2007

nice one lads

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

nice one greatwonder!!

have fun spending your cash!!

lisaxx

p.s who's next in your line of fire??

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

Had an MCOL acknowledged by HSBC a week ago, so checking the post everymorning for the DG Solicitor's letter - claim comes to £1707 with interest. Still in shock at how easy MBNA were to come to an agreement! Shame that HSBC seem to prefer drawing out the process.

• 4 weeks later...