Wot no FSH??

Grigson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I recently part exchanged my car at a dealers 100 miles away for a Mazda 6 advertised with full service history.I was told at the time that Mazda no longer provide a service book with the car as its all kept on a digital database, I tried calling the local mazda dealer at the time but they were unable/incapable of confirming the service history at the time, as I needed the car i took a chance and drove the car away. When I finally received the v5, I went to my local mazda dealer and they printed out the service history which consisted of one service at about 59000 miles or so and the pre delivery inspection.So thats not a FSH in my book. I kept a copy of the advert which clearly states FSH.

What consumer rights do I have with this dealer as the car is worth far less to me than I thought?:mad2:

If the service history was important to you then you should of seen it before you purchased the car.

how old is the car, did it come with a new MOT, you check for advisories on all previous mot's on the vosa web site, that will give some idea of its condition and mileage.

regarding the advertised statement that it has a FSH then if it did not and the dealer could not supply it then that is misrepresentation, however you were aware of that it was not available at the time of the purchase!

Now the crunch what do want to do about it?

Did you pay below or above the market level for the car, did it come with any warranty ( not that they are worth the paper they are printed ), how did pay for the car; loan,hp, credit card? this may help in how you handle any action.

Are you concerned that it was not properly maintained, oil changes that sort of thing.

If this is he case then go back to the dealers and tell them as much and that you would not have bought it without this assurnace, and it was advertised as such and it up to them to produce it; what happens then is how they react. May offer you some discount, free serviceing or even your money back!

See what happens and mention trading standards.

Have you search on this dealer to if they have a history.

Good kuck.

• 1 month later...

Yes, as above, depends how mucch value the car is worth with the FSH. the difference is then what ou can negotiate on.

Do ensure however that it has had a mileage checked to ensure mileage is genuine, as missing service history/documents could be hiding a clocked vehicle.

Experian and HPI should provide this service for peace of mind