BabyTime, Welling online order problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a pram and car seat from BabyTime in Welling, Kent on 22nd Jan via their website as they don't stock the products I wanted in store (Obaby Zezu Pramette and Car Seat), the wesite states orders usually take around 7 working days but can take up to 28 days.

22nd Jan - Get a confirmation email of my order being placed and that it would be processed as soon as possible, not that it is being processed.

25th Jan - £232.50 is debited from my account to BabyTime, so to me it looked like my order had been processed and should be recieved in the next few days/week.

3rd Feb - Sent an email asking if I could get an ETA on my order just so I knew when I could expect it, they replied within 50 minutes of me sending the email saying "Our web site clearly states that the delivery time is between 7 to 28 days and the order will be definitely delivered before that. As we have huge backlog of orders and we trying hard to clear all the backlog and your order also will be fulfilled in the queue. But I will push the order on priority basis so that you can receive it as soon as possible. We will send you a dispatch letter with the tracking number that you can track online."

8th Feb - Look on website to see if I can find a contact number (they don't have one on there for some reason...) only to find that they have a large red disclaimer stating they have had a warehosue leak and a huge backlog of orders because of it, they hope to clear the backlog by end of the month. This is too late for me as I'm due to give birth at the end of the month and need them before I go into labour.

12th Feb - Sent an email again to BabyTime expressing my concern that my order will not be recieved in time due to the warehouse leak and that if I'd been informed of this previously I would've cancelled my order there and then. I then asked for my order to be cancelled and a refund given as they couldn't guarantee I'd recieve my items anytime soon.

15th Feb - Sent a follow up email asking if someone could get back to me regarding my cancellation.

17th Feb - Sent yet another email stating how disappointed I was with the lack of correspondence and that the money had been taken from my account with no sign of me recieving my order. I demanded they give me a refund or I'll go into the store on Saturday and get my money back there and then.

In addition to the emails I've sent, I've been trying to call the store for the past week to find out what's going on with my order but the line goes dead after ringing for a while and then is engaged when we call back. It's not very easy for me to get to the shop, which is why I've planned to go in on Saturday to speak to someone.

I want to know what my rights are in this current situation? Can they refuse to give me a full refund because I cancelled 7 working days after the order was placed but hasn't yet been despatched? Is there's anything I can do to get my money back, as they've taken the money before my order is despatched and there's no sign of it arriving in the next week? Their website also says that refunds will be processed for orders cancelled 7 working days after the order being placed and they'll charge you a re-stocking fee (of 15% of your order) for orders cancelled after despatch.

Any help would be greately apprciated, I'm in desperate need of getting hold of these items but the store isn't co-operating!

• 2 weeks later...

HI there

I have experienced a similar problem having ordered my new pushchair on the 2nd feb.

Babytime took the money on the 4th feb and despite sending numerous emails and trying to call I had not heard a thing. After I read your email I was beginnign to think the website was a [problem]. However, when i saw in your posting that there was a shop I began to feel a little better.

I was getting paranoid so checked on companies house and they are on there with no difficulties highlighted. I was getting more suspcicious though as when I tried to go on the website it was not working, however it was workign again yesterday.

I am happy to say that I finally received an email from them today stating their apology for the delay due to leaks etc in the warehouse. They still have not sent confirmation of when the item will be sent or answered another question i specifically asked but I generally feel better that the item will eventually arrive and that I have not been ripped off.

I hoep you have had your issue resolved, would be good to know if you have.

cat

I ordered a pram and car seat from BabyTime in Welling, Kent on 22nd Jan via their website as they don't stock the products I wanted in store (Obaby Zezu Pramette and Car Seat), the wesite states orders usually take around 7 working days but can take up to 28 days.

22nd Jan - Get a confirmation email of my order being placed and that it would be processed as soon as possible, not that it is being processed.

25th Jan - £232.50 is debited from my account to BabyTime, so to me it looked like my order had been processed and should be recieved in the next few days/week.

3rd Feb - Sent an email asking if I could get an ETA on my order just so I knew when I could expect it, they replied within 50 minutes of me sending the email saying "Our web site clearly states that the delivery time is between 7 to 28 days and the order will be definitely delivered before that. As we have huge backlog of orders and we trying hard to clear all the backlog and your order also will be fulfilled in the queue. But I will push the order on priority basis so that you can receive it as soon as possible. We will send you a dispatch letter with the tracking number that you can track online."

8th Feb - Look on website to see if I can find a contact number (they don't have one on there for some reason...) only to find that they have a large red disclaimer stating they have had a warehosue leak and a huge backlog of orders because of it, they hope to clear the backlog by end of the month. This is too late for me as I'm due to give birth at the end of the month and need them before I go into labour.

12th Feb - Sent an email again to BabyTime expressing my concern that my order will not be recieved in time due to the warehouse leak and that if I'd been informed of this previously I would've cancelled my order there and then. I then asked for my order to be cancelled and a refund given as they couldn't guarantee I'd recieve my items anytime soon.

15th Feb - Sent a follow up email asking if someone could get back to me regarding my cancellation.

17th Feb - Sent yet another email stating how disappointed I was with the lack of correspondence and that the money had been taken from my account with no sign of me recieving my order. I demanded they give me a refund or I'll go into the store on Saturday and get my money back there and then.

In addition to the emails I've sent, I've been trying to call the store for the past week to find out what's going on with my order but the line goes dead after ringing for a while and then is engaged when we call back. It's not very easy for me to get to the shop, which is why I've planned to go in on Saturday to speak to someone.

I want to know what my rights are in this current situation? Can they refuse to give me a full refund because I cancelled 7 working days after the order was placed but hasn't yet been despatched? Is there's anything I can do to get my money back, as they've taken the money before my order is despatched and there's no sign of it arriving in the next week? Their website also says that refunds will be processed for orders cancelled 7 working days after the order being placed and they'll charge you a re-stocking fee (of 15% of your order) for orders cancelled after despatch.

Any help would be greately apprciated, I'm in desperate need of getting hold of these items but the store isn't co-operating!

Hi there,

Thanks for your email, unfortunately my issue is still ongoing as my baby arrived two weeks early and hadn't had a response from BabyTime at all so I had to source a pram and car seat from elsewhere as I urgently needed them. Also I had been told by Consumer Direct that they'd gone bankrupt and that I could get my money back by sending a letter to them but I paid by Visa Debit not by Credit Card.

I also received the same email you're referring to, I'm extremely confused as to what's going on with them and I'm in desperate need of getting my money back. They've caused me nothing but stress and worry, the only reason I ordered from their website is because to order what I wanted instore was going to cost me an extra £70 for the pram alone!

hi

thanks for getting back to me . Thats not good but many congratulations to you on the birth of your baby. What did you have girl or boy?

Who do we have to write to exactly? Babytime or a consumer organisation.

I hope we both get this issue resolved to our satisfaction. I will keep you posted on whats happening my end.

regards

Catherine holmes