style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received some documents yesterday found by next doors' landlord after the tenants skipped house and they gained entry. The documents include a 24 hr bailiff removal notice and a "Form 7- Notice of Seizure and Inventory of Goods" on which my car is listed. The car was parked on the road in front of their property (which also happens to be the closest parking space to my house). The debt was incurred from failure to pay council tax.

I telephoned the bailiff today and he replied with "Oh we do that all the time, once the DVLA checks came back we wouldn't have done anything" and then instructed me to destroy the documents.

I am 8 1/2 months pregnant and we rely heavily on the vehicle to make a living. I was just wondering if the bailiff if authorised to serve a notice of seizure without even checking who the vehicle belongs to??

Thanks in advance xx

Its OK. you can disregard the notice.

Its a bailiff being a nitwit knowing he has a dead case. Just for completeness, take down the details of the bailiff and make a copy of the document then contact police and ask for an incident number. If your car is tampered with then you have a suspect.

Professional property investor and conveyancer

I am 8 1/2 months pregnant and we rely heavily on the vehicle to make a living. I was just wondering if the bailiff if authorised to serve a notice of seizure without even checking who the vehicle belongs to?? Unfortunately he is allowed to presume that any goods on or near the premises belong to those of the debtor. If they then proceed to removal they would be in serious do doos if they took it without checking first.

Thanks in advance xx

You should write a letter to the Bailiffs advising them the car is yours and ask them to provide proof they have since rescinded the Notice of Seizure. Failure on their behalf to act upon your notice may leave them liable to further proceedings and in the event of removal of the car would be reported as theft to the Police.

I would be inclined to send it by email & letter and also copy in the Council as they are 100% liable for the actions of the Bailiff.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]